Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Engineer visit not turned up

FIXED
Freddie40
Dabbler

I had an engineer visit booked for between 1pm & 6pm today (7th Aug) when 6pm came & went & the engineer hadn't been I rang customer services to be told that BT had rejected the visit when the request had been made, but no-one had thought to oass the message onto me, so I wasted an afternoon & turned work down for nothing. The T&C's state that I will be charged £65 if I don't allow access or cancel with less than 48 hours notice, can I charge Plusnet £65 for failing to notify me???

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that @Freddie40

From what I can see the appointment wasn't booked in correctly, I'll make sure feedback is passed on about that.

With regards to the engineer fee we'd charge you if you missed the appointment while I appreciate what you've said, if you missed the appointment we're charged a lot more than £65 by our suppliers but we'd only pass on to you £65 of the charge we receive.

I can see we've rebooked the visit in for this Friday. If you can drop us a message over here once the fault is resolved we'll be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture with you for the inconvenience we've caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Posts split to their own topic for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Freddie40
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf, hopefully no hiccups this time. I report back with the outcome.

I also take your point about the charge that is imposed on Plusnet but I might add that my losses could also have more than £65.

Thanks for your help.

Freddie40
Dabbler

BT Openreach turned up bang on time as arranged and did a thorough test & found nothing wrong with my line, but it has been working fine since Tuesday. He suggests a new router if problems return.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for letting us know @Freddie40

If the problems do indeed return give us a nudge and we can explore this option. 

Thanks 

Freddie40
Dabbler

Thanks, can you also let me know about the gesture of goodwill mentioned above?Huh

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Fix

Hi @Freddie40

Please accept our apologies for the issue with your service.

I have replied to the question on your account which you can access here.

Please reply to the ticket and on here so we can pick it up for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Freddie40
Dabbler

I'm still having regular drop outs with my service, not as often as before but still happening & it really is annoying. One of your customer service guys that I spoke to before said that if the problem persisted it may be worth trying a new router, the engineer that came out also said that it could be the router, but couldn't prove it has everything tested ok whilst he was here.

What do I have to do about geting a new router?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing connection problems.

Our tests are showing a potential external fault "Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report" so I've reported this through to our suppliers now for further investigation and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet