cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Engineer Never Arrived.

SmoothStud

My engineer was booked for 1:00 to 6:00pm slot yesterday. I phoned the day before to check they were coming and was told "YES"...then i called at 4:30 on the day to check they were still coming and was told "YES".....called after 6:00pm and was told he wasnt coming.
I need an engineer today as my wife had to sit in a neighbours house as she was on call and had to update the sheets in "Live Events" so everybody could see it and as we didnt have internet, she was in the neighbours untill 11:45pm which is rediculous. She is oncall again tonight so this has to be resolved today !
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mod Note
Post split off to new topic to aid a resolution.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SmoothStud

Thank you, i tried to make a new topic but could not figure out how. Hopefully this will get sorted today.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

From a forum threads list, click new topic at the head of the page.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi SmoothStud,
I'm very sorry to hear the engineer didn't attend as scheduled.
We will need to get this re-booked and we will be requesting an expedited appointment from our suppliers. Can you confirm your availability and provide 3 appointments slots that we can request the expedite for? AM appointments are between 8AM and 1PM and PM appointments are between 1PM and 6PM.
I'll ensure this is booked in and confirmed for you once you've provided your availability.
SmoothStud

Hi Linn.
I have been on the phone all day today and was told i could not get another engineer out until atleast next week...which is totally unexceptable. Now i have been told it could be Friday this week but i was really hoping it would be today or tomorrow at the very latest, this is only because my wife works from home and from the hours of 6:45pm and 12:00am, her and 4 others from her company need to be logged into the internet to cover people from all over Edinburgh for care if the careworkers call in sick, and update the system to show were the carers need to be and what time etc. I explained all this when ordering, and also the day before the engineer was due to arrive i expalined that it will be impossible for my wife to do her job without internet and was assured that the internet would be up and running on the day it was planned.
Any chance you can get somebody out today?
SmoothStud

Sorry Linn....My availablability is anytime today, tomorrow or friday....
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I completely understand where you're coming from Smooth Stud.
I've just gotten off the phone with the FTTC team and I've requested for an engineer to attend tomorrow between 8AM and 1PM. This is the absolute earliest as all engineers have been dispatched for today already. I should receive confirmation if this booking has been successful or not in the next 2-4 hours. I'll pop an update on here once I receive this information.
SmoothStud

Thank you so much for doing this. Ill keep checking for the update. Dave
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey Dave,
I've received confirmation from the FTTC team now and they've confirmed the appointment for tomorrow but the PM slot - between 1PM and 6PM. Unfortunately they didn't have enough resource for the AM slot to assign an engineer to your order. Hope things go well tomorrow. Please do let us know if we can be of further assistance.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How quick does the internet access need to be - could she use dialup access? See https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=refresh_browser and http://www.plus.net/support/dial-up/setup/connection_guide.shtml
As internet access is essential for your wife's work surely you must have a backup plan for if there is a fault etc (remember there's no SLA) - why can't you use that now?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)