cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Constant disconnects all day

acol

Just to add another question (make this a new thread if you like):

Im trying to troubleshoot a connection issue with my sagemcom modem. The process asks me to check the dial tone. As I don't have a landline phone hardware, and can't borrow one as am self isolating, I can't do this. Is there another way to check the dial tone? Should I assume it's working and move to the next step? On the modem the broadband light is flashing, the power light is on and the wifi light is flashing in bursts. Thanks all!
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@acol Totally unrelated, and you shouldn't 'piggy-back' another users question really - it doesn't help either of you.

There is no other way to check dial-tone/phone-line issues.

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
Post split to its own topic for clarity.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Corded phones are fairly cheap and can be delivered to your door - see Buy Simple Value Corded Desk Telephone - Single | Telephones | Argos and Amazon.co.uk: basic landline phone

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.