Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Connection dropping, unable report the fault

massiF
Dabbler

Hello,

im experiencing the same issue, the internet connection keeps dropping (not the Wi-Fi signal), every half an hour or so, just for a few minutes, but enough to be very annoying when working from home. I had the same problem a few months ago and then magically disappeared. What should I do? Should I report the fault?

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@massiF Yes, you should report a fault - but in a a new topic - 'piggy-backing' another posters topic can lead to confusion, and make it hard to help.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Post split into new topic for better visibility and to help staff

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @massiF

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear about the issues that you're having with your Broadband connection. Testing you line has shown that there's a potential issue with the network, however a KBD also indicates that the problem is within the customer domain. Going forward, please can you go through out Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to rectify this sooner.

While testing, if you can, please remove the faceplate from your master socket, and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it. Avoid using any extension cables / sockets as well.:)

If the issue persists, head across to faults.plus.net and raise this with our Technical Support Team. In the Additional Notes section, pop in some dates and times that you'd be available for an engineer visit. Openreach engineer appointments are generally from Monday - Friday, AM and PM slots.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds