Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Broadband dropping and very slow

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@gilmacmil wrote:

I have exactly the same problem, also over the last 6 months and am losing the will to live over it. The fault is in the phone line. I have been in touch with Plusnet customer service several times but no result.

I can see you had a fault open in February which timed out when we asked for your availability for an engineer, it'd need a new fault reporting for the phone line issues: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
18 REPLIES 18
gilmacmil
Dabbler

I have exactly the same problem, also over the last 6 months and am losing the will to live over it. The fault is in the phone line. I have been in touch with Plusnet customer service several times but no result.

Any suggestions anyone.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

gilmacmil
Dabbler

Link does not work. I get the message Error 400 bad request. So am no further forward I'm afraid.

Chris
Legend

Very odd, the link works correctly for me. Try this one: http://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gilmacmil
Dabbler

Not so. It was arranged that an engineer would call but he was sent to the wrong address. After that I kept being fobbed off on the phone and then finally the ticket was closed when it should have been kept open!.

The main fault is that the signal not strong enough. At a signal strength of anything less that 66% I do not get online and even when I do it is too slow to to watch eg BBC iplayer. I'm paying for a service that I am not receiving. 

The link given to scan the router does not work for me. Comes up with 400 bad request.

gilmacmil
Dabbler

Sorry. I was a bit out of synch with your replies the link which I was trying to use was the one to scan the modem. ie http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=0 which would give you some idea of what is happen. Have trouble shot the phone and I don't think the problem is internal/

Chris
Legend

@gilmacmil wrote:
At a signal strength of anything less that 66% I do not get online and even when I do it is too slow to to watch eg BBC iplayer.

Do you get any issues when using a cable rather than wireless?

gilmacmil
Dabbler

No. No difference. I use a wireless laptop and my partner has a cabled desk computer and both are the same. ie offline at the same time and slow.

gilmacmil
Dabbler

How can I get a scan like was done today for 'atthebeach'

Chris
Legend

gilmacmil

This is going to get confusing having 2 sets of stats and images about different connections in the same thread, I'll ask the moderators to split this off.

Profile Info: WBC 160K - 288K Medium delay (INP Cool 6dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 29.0 48.5
SNR Margin: 5.9 5.6
Errored Seconds: 3 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 17445 33199
Speed: 972 288

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 1817
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 363
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 86400

Your line has become banded meaning that it's restricting the speed to try and make sure it's stable, is there noise on the phone line? If so please use the link previously given to report this to us.

gilmacmil
Dabbler

Thank you. But I can't get that link to work. Comes up with Bad Request. 

gilmacmil
Dabbler

Thank you. I'll do that. 

VinceD

I also have the same problem.  Plus net only just managed to get my broadband active (2 weeks later than it should have been), and unreliable dropping, slow broadband.  Even when it works "well" it is slower than the 8.5-19Mbps I was advised of when I signed up, but in any case that doesn't seem to last long before it drops.  Customer services so far haven't managed very much except to tell me I should be happy with a "good" speed!

atthebeach