cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Broadband activation delayed

Dabad1981

Hi there,
I started with plusnet on 17/04/2015 and placed a broadband order. The engineer visit has been scheduled on Mon 27/04/2015. All went well and phone line was acivated. One day after on 28/04/2015 I received a router and connected it straight away. Unfortunatelly the broadband is still not active and for some reason has been rejected. My ticket is still unanswered from 2 days and today I placed another one. No luck so far. Probably a technical team is dealing with it but there is no result at all.
Is anyone who can give me more details on this matter,
Otherwise I will give up and cancel the agreement with Plusnet as a very unsatisfied customer that leaves a negative feedback.
Hope there is someone who can help.
Regards
Damian
dick:green Post split off to it's own topic for clarity.
11 REPLIES 11
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Damian,
I'm really sorry for the problems you've experienced with us so far, that's really not good.
It looks as though our suppliers cancelled the order we had placed with them as for some reason it wasn't showing as though your telephone service was active at the time they received our broadband order, therefore can't place an order.
I've been in and re-placed the broadband order again, manually for you. I've left the open ticket with our Provisioning Team to check and ensure there aren't any further issues following my intervention.
The Customer Relations Team will be around during the day tomorrow if you need anything further. Apologies for the inconvenience once again.
KatC
Grafter

Hi Dabad1981, just a quick update to confirm the broadband order is in place and this is due to complete on the 06/05/15 up to midnight.
Dabad1981

Thanks for all You've done on this matter.
Is any chance this gonna be active earlier than 06/05/2015 or not?
I was counting that second order placed by you should be done ASAP and not 1 week again?!
I would appreciate any help.
Regards
Damian
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Damian,
Unfortunately not, the date that we've supplied has been passed down to us by our suppliers as the next available date.
I appreciate it's frustrating, I'm really sorry it's taking longer than we'd both like to get you up and running.
Dabad1981

Hi,
Yes this is really frustrating because I am out of service for longer than expected. In my opinion "up to few days" means the latest and might be done quicker. Saying just the date is exactly by 12 on 6/05/2015 is ridiculous.
Regards
Dabad1981

This is really shocking how helpless you are. This doesn't deserve even the poor feedback. We do live in really modern times in civilised world so 3 weeks from application to getting online is unacceptable.
No comment at all Angry Angry Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately as there's a bank holiday the 6th really is the earliest this can complete for, even if we request an expedite with our suppliers they wouldn't complete until the next working day, which is Tuesday.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Dabad1981

No it is not. The earliest day is Tusday the 5th not 6th so there is no excuse for anybody then. Please get them to complete this on Tue eventually. No offence but the things happen quicker in 3rd world countries. I was never ever waiting for such a thing so long.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm afraid it isn't though.  Had we been able to get it sooner, we would have done all that was possible for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Dabad1981

This time will be better if you make sure the broadband is active and up and running tomorrow. I recommend to control your supplier's action and be in touch with him at all times. No more delays and excuses are gonna be accepted.
Otherwise our agreement will be cancelled and immediate refund required.
Tomorrow is a definite deadline for you Sad Sad Sad
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there Dabad1981,
Just to let you know, your order has now completed and I have activated your account! I am very sorry for the delays, and hope that you enjoy your new broadband connection Smiley