Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rather confused!!

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Rather confused!!

Hi All, As you may know, i'm moving house.
I spoke to PN CS and arranged for house move.  Me and the advisor were baffled at why I couldn't get fibre.  My PC is NE13 6LD, <snip>
The WIDEOPEN Exchange (NEWHP) is FTTC enabled and my Brother who lives adjacent to the development (Connected to CAB 1) Can get fibre and has fibre 80/20 with BT. According to BT DSL Checker I can get Fibre MultiCast and connected to CAB 1.  So why can't I receive Fibre?
Another thing the exchange is 21CN Enabled and my estimated speed on the ticket and order page is 7M/bits why is it not 16 or 24?
I am utterly confused!!
Any help appreciated!  Embarrassed
jim:green Address removed mod:end
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
20 REPLIES 20
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Rather confused!!

The estimated speed for ADSL will depend on how far you are from the exchange not whether it's 21CN or 20CN. There have been cases, Fibre in particular, where a gremlin in the ordering system is giving ADSL(1) max speed for the estimate and in the ADSL cases that obviously assumes you are close enough to get that.
As to why you supposedly can't get Fibre will need someone from DCT to investigate.
Edit: Not wise to put your address in a publicly visible forum, you can PM it to DCT if needed, but they will not doubt have access anyway.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

What's the DCT?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Digital Care Team - the staff on here
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Please can one of them look into this?Huh
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

They don't work weekends, so it'll be Monday.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Okay,  I'll Have to wait then  Roll_eyes
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Also, I got a ticket after the call with the Advisor to double check details i.e Address and date.  And have come across a fee of £49.99 that I have to pay.  It doesn't say anywhere what its for and why.  Is it an engineer call out charge? On the house move FAQs It says the most house moves are FREE
With Sky, BT, TalkTalk there is no charge to install a line thats right no charge!
So why plusnet charging people thats very unnecessary.
Then an additional £25 when my streets gets fibre as a call out charge!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

BT have a special offer on a new line at present £40 instead of £130 http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/landline/packages
Sky charge £39 http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/talk-anytime/ under the legal bit
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

WHAT I AM REALLY ANNOYED IS THEY LIED OVER THE PHONE!!
I say 'How much would it cost to leave Plusnet?'
Advisor - 'It would be (Around £190 something like that) to cancel your services'
Me - Okay,  I think i'll stay for now.
Advisor - Okay, We will process your details for the HM.
Now.  After scouring on the PN website, I have come across this - http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#fibre (Table 12)
£5.75 a month if you want to leave PN so £5.75 x (Remaining months left) In that case its 15 months - = £86.25 
I am utterly sickened by PN for them to lie through their teeth over the phone!! And it is misleading information.  Now I am in another contract because of the misleading information!  Or does the new contract start when the engineer has been and set it all up?
Any info would be great!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Calm down
Cancelling the service would land you with the following costs (approximately)
Cancellation charge 15 months left  unlimited fibre £86.25
Line cease charge £25
Router charge £40
Possible phone cancellation charge (depends when you took the phone but if you only took that when you moved to fibre then it is 15 x either £2.25 or £4.25)
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I got a router but not using it so I'm going to send it back by using the thread about the 582 router and one of the posts said that the 40 quid charge would be waived
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Let me know when you've sent the router back and I'll make sure the deferred fee is taken off your account.
The installation charge will only be required if there is no line or connected telephone socket at the property, we'll confirm this with you shortly and we'll then be able to look further into the fibre side of things.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I haven't  got a bag from plusnet with the pre paid postage.
Please can you send ASAP?
Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

That's been ordered for you.