cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapidshare IP address issues

gregd
Grafter

Rapidshare IP address issues

Just a quick one which might be a Rapidshare problem but then again maybe it can be fixed by someone in Plusnet.
Im on a static IP and for some reason now whenever I go to rapidshare it thinks im already downloading a file. I thought maybe it just didn't download the file properly and it will timeout soon.
It's now been a whole day and i've disconnected my router multiple times and it just keeps saying I am downloading.
Is there any fix for this or can I change to a dynamic ip temporarily? Im on a really old account type (homeworker 8mb originally).
Cheers  Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Rapidshare IP address issues

Have you tried deleting the Rapidshare cookie?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gregd
Grafter

I cleared my cache and cookies, and just tried on a different machine to be sure... and i get exactly the same issue. Usually this sort of thing lasts about 30mins before the file times out, but a whole day?Huh
Help !  Cry
gregd
Grafter

Hurrah it works again... whoever fixed it at plusnet cheers! Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As no-one from PN has responded here, I think it would be safe to assume they had nothing to do with the resolution.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Indeed, I'm not aware of anything we did at this side that would have resolved the problem. By all means keep an eye on it though and shout up if the problem resurfaces.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵