cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Range of Technicolour Wifi router

cfitzpatrick1

Range of Technicolour Wifi router

After the rave reviews about plusnet I signed up after many years with BT, cast aside my BT homehub2 and installed the new Technicolour TG528 router, and everything seemed fine, speed, dropout etc unaffected. Problem was when I went upstairs I just had no wifi signal and it ended about 15 feet short of where I routinely used BT, so now no wifi upstairs (where my home office is located!). Surprisingly PlusNet have been next to useless and after 1 week merely suggested I reboot the router (which had no effect), use a free channel ( which had no effect) and as a last resort to consult the community! so here I am, after hours of fiddling about trying to restore the level of service enjoyed for years...and a little peeved..........I am directed to ask if anyone in the community can advise what to do as PlusNet don't seem interested now I am signed up. So cn anyone help me? The question is can I reuse the BT router which seemed to have a much better range? or get some sort of signal enhancer to extend the wifi a bit further, even though this will wipe out the savings with plusnet  but hey ho! Many thanks  Chris
7 REPLIES 7
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Range of Technicolour Wifi router

you should be able to use your BTHH2.
JamesM
Grafter

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum,
You can use the BTHH2, my sister had an old BTHH2 lying around and I borrowed it to see if it would work with PN. I plugged it in and it worked straight away.
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Yep, Picked a BT HH3 from a car boot sale and using it now, wifi is much better than Technicolor
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: JamesM
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum,
You can use the BTHH2, my sister had an old BTHH2 lying around and I borrowed it to see if it would work with PN. I plugged it in and it worked straight away.

well it won't work "straight away".
you'll need to manually enter your plusnet user name first.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Set-up instructions for the Homehub 2 & 3 on Plusnet can be found in the Community Support Library article Using a BT Homehub 3 or 2 on Plusnet ADSL or FTTC.
David
JamesM
Grafter

Quote from: chenks76
Quote from: JamesM
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum,

well it won't work "straight away".
you'll need to manually enter your plusnet user name first.

Well if you want to be pedantic, then you should also mention you need to enter your password too.  Roll_eyes
lotrjw
Grafter

You could do this:   Smiley