Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random ppp0 drops

mac1
Dabbler

Random ppp0 drops

Hi
Have been experiencing random drops in PPP0A since turn of the year no pattern, morning/afternoon during the night have been keeping a log so no particular gateway or IP range seems to be causing it.Speed was pretty stable on reconnects but now starting to drop and interleave depth is increasing,have been trying all the usual things hard wired to the test socket with a new filter ,got a new BT MK3 faceplate(bell wire off slight increase in SNRM 0.2) no other change.Also have tried two different routers much and such the same,
Netgear D6300 and Billion 7800DXL stats for both attached.Was running routerstats yesterday and thought yes it's back to normal at 14.23pm SNRM suddenly dropped from 9.1 to 6db such a drop might happen later in the day when the street lights come on but the 7800dxl has a SNRM tweak and it's set at 9db,now at what every rate I set it it is constantly 3db below (12 to 9, 9 to 6 etc),
Netgear today running SNRM 2.8db with virtually  every electrical appliance that could be turned off ,was off. 7800dxl SNRM set at 7 holding at 4.2db.
Exchange is showing no problems Plusnet line speed is currently 11.5mb.
Thanks any help would be appreciated
1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Random ppp0 drops

It certainly has more bad days then good days

You've done pretty much all you can do in terms of internal checks so I'd recommend raising this to our Faults team using the link below
https://faults.plus.net
If you have any further questions let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team