Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random multiple dropouts and slow speeds in the last 48 hours

nmrocha2
Dabbler

Random multiple dropouts and slow speeds in the last 48 hours

Dear Community, 

my broadband has been showing multiple dropouts and abnormally slow speeds in the last 48 hours. This is happening with multiple devices. Nothing has changed in the setup and I've already re-started the modem a couple of times. Something happened but I can't figure out what. How could I get somebody to look into this? Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Random multiple dropouts and slow speeds in the last 48 hours

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

There's certainly been a few drops as shown below

Our tests are showing a external fault on the phone line so we've raised this to our suppliers and we'll update you as soon as we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nmrocha2
Dabbler

Brilliant! Thank you very much for your efforts and looking forward to receiving an update on the situation. 

nmrocha2
Dabbler

Just to let you know that the Openreach engineer just left and installed a capacitor in the socket inside the flat. Apparently, and although this is a new flat, no capacitor had been installed by the builders. I still don't grasp what has suddenly changed, as the connection was apparently fine for a year or so. I did a quick test and it all seems back to normal speeds. Luckily I was home and could let the engineer in. Thank you very much for your support and efforts. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @nmrocha2,

Thank you for the update - I'm pleased to hear that our suppliers have been able to get to the bottom of this issue and resolve it for you.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further problems with your connection or if there is anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team