cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random disconnects.

David_W
Rising Star

Random disconnects.

I have a ticket open (50504139) and am starting to feel like I'm going around in circles.  The help I've been getting has been generally pretty good but it's not exactly going anywhere.
I'll randomly disconnect (from the exchange, I log in to the router and it tells me to check the router is plugged into the phone line), there is nothing happening at the time that I can see that would cause the disconnections.  If you look at the picture:

Hopefully it'll work, it shows it disconnecting at 2/3/4am when everyone is in bed.  I had an engineer out today who couldn't find a fault and the ticket seems to suggest that it's my fault for using the IPV6 trial log in, a misconfigured router, except I use two different routers (both IPV6 capable) and the disconnections occur even if I'm using my normal log in details, I'm going to be pretty unhappy if I get hit with a £60 call out fee because PN are blaming it on a misconfigured router!
The fault though is odd, I'll have uptime of a day and a bit and then it'll drop, and drop a few more times, eventually becoming stable for a while before starting to drop again.  I'm plugged into the master socket, I've changed filters, I've changed the modem cable and of course tried different routers.  So, is there anything else I can do on my end to try and figure out what the problem is?
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Random disconnects.

HI David W,
As long as you're in the test/master socket and you tried alternative filters/routers there's nothing else you can do and you definitely could wouldn't be subject to a charge.
Jojo Smiley
David_W
Rising Star

Could be subject to a charge?  Hoping that's a typo Jojo  Lips_are_sealed
/edit - it's also not an IPV6 issue, the disconnects happen on my normal (IPV4) account so the different accounts doesn't seem to have any effect on the matter.
malc1

Is there anyone who doesn't get random disconnects? I thought it was just part of the service.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi David W,
Yes, sorry about the typo! Amended that now.
Jojo Smiley