cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random broadband drop outs every few minutes

canalside
Grafter

Random broadband drop outs every few minutes

I can't believe that again less than a month since this last happened and I had no connection for 4 days it's now happening again.

The broadband is dropping out every few minutes.

Router log says:

ppp1 Timeout waiting for PADO packets
ppp1
ppp1 LCP down

I have done the a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It's silent.

I have done

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/?_ga=2.186962798.799539150.1531725874...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please can you urgently offer help as my broadband has been down for nearly 24 hours now.

15 REPLIES 15
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Random broadband drop outs every few minutes

Hi @canalside

Are you currently plugged into the test socket at the moment? We are currently seeing a loop fault on your phone line, which means that something is causing the sound to be replicated inside the line, which can cause issues with the broadband. If you are currently in the test socket and have tried an alternate filter then we would need to look at booking an appointment. If you can please respond to the ticket I have raised on your account we can sort this for you.

canalside
Grafter

I replied to your ticket 2 days ago.

2 days later still not broadband and still no reply from you.

From your website it says...

We're a Sheffield-based broadband and phone provider, selling services to homes and businesses across the UK. We believe that paying less shouldn't mean a compromise in service.

Well sadly paying less does mean a compromise in service. 40 minutes on hold to try and ring support. 2 days and no reply to service which is down for a 2nd time in 2 months.

Really wish I had paid more per month to get the better service from another supplier.

Until then can you please help a paying customer with no service?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @canalside,

I'm sorry for the length of time that it has taken for us to pick up your ticket/this post and for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Unfortunately, we have been unusually busy over the last few days and this has had an impact on our response time. I understand that it's a poor experience as a customer and I will pass on feedback regarding this.

I've picked up and replied to your fault ticket now. As it's account specific, I won't go into details on here but you can view my response on the ticket here.

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
canalside
Grafter

Sadly it's not "unusually busy over the last few days" when I tried to join your service i spent over 30 minutes on hold to the sales team and gave up. That should have told me then you don't offer customer service. Then you forgot to place the order with openreach which delayed things. Then when the connection was down for days it was also impossible and slow to ring you.

Please can you cancel the call out on Wednesday.

I'm in the process of moving providers.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see you've decided to cancel @canalside, I've cancelled the engineer visit by closing the fault report as you've asked. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
canalside
Grafter

Please can you reply to ticket

Question #182358070

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've updated it for you now.
Essentially our tests are showing "Potential HR Joint detected on GEA service. Please continue to submit a trouble report" so I've reported this through to our suppliers for an engineer to investigate externally. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
canalside
Grafter

Please can someone reply to the ticket ideally this morning rather than making me wait another 24 hours for an answer as to why you've done the complete opposite of what you said was happening with open reach on Friday?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

I'll get the open ticket updated shortly

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
canalside
Grafter

They have replied saying they didn't fix the issue when they came out which I know already.

I assume you are sending openreach out again to try and fix it. If so when will this be?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we're still waiting for the next update from our suppliers. If a visit is needed we should be able to let you know within the next few days time. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
canalside
Grafter

Open reach came out and said the fault is with the extension cable going from the router to the BT socket. I explained we had the issue when it was plugged direct into socket but he said no the cable is faulty.

I'v replaced the cable and the router and it's still disconnecting the same as before.

Now what?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Are you able to connect to the master socket for a period of 48 to 72 hours so we can retest it while it's there?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
canalside
Grafter

The same problem is back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's connected to the master socket. Same errors as before randomly dropping out every few hours.

Now the painful slow process while you fix it again.

Please can you make this ugent.