cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random E-mail from PN regarding my speeds.

gnicholson8
Grafter

Random E-mail from PN regarding my speeds.

So I woke up this morning to find this E-mail from Plusnet.
When you signed up for your broadband account, we performed a check on your telephone line to give you an estimated speed your line might achieve.
Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.
Estimated line speed: 17Mbps
Current line speed: 78Mbps
You can keep a track of your line speed through our website:

My broadband/Fibre isn't even connected, in fact it should be connected up today. I am also curious as to why my estimated line speed is 17Mbps when my actual speed when I signed up should be at least 75.0Mbps (which was given to me when I signed up)
5 REPLIES 5
thesawdust
Grafter

Re: Random E-mail from PN regarding my speeds.

Call PlusNET? Also a Line profile check will give you what speeds you can reach (when FTTC is activated)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I am also curious as to why my estimated line speed is 17Mbps
It's a known problem, the estimate in the email doesn't allow for Fibre speeds, it just gives the estimated ADSL speed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gnicholson8
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
I am also curious as to why my estimated line speed is 17Mbps
It's a known problem, the estimate in the email doesn't allow for Fibre speeds, it just gives the estimated ADSL speed.

Yeah, I realised when I logged into the member centre it gives
Estimated speed 75Mbps
Actual speed 78Mbps
However my fibre line isn't active yet so I don't know why I got the E-mail anyway.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Has your activation been delayed ? My guess is that something in the PN system is working from the original date and has automatically sent out the email, thinking you've been actiavted for 14 days.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gnicholson8
Grafter

Makes sense actually... yes my Install has had some big delays.
I shoulda thought of that.