cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Connection issues, ping and speed drops.

Stronghold
Dabbler

Random Connection issues, ping and speed drops.

Hi all
Over the last week i have been experiencing random connection issues and very high pings at times while using TS and seeing my speed go from 14 meg down to 2/3 meg, the speed drop could be the cause of the high ping i see while using team speak but sine i changed  my product to unlimited broadband on the 17th of fed i have been seeing both connection issues (DSL is down) and speed drops.
I have run the Broadband checker and a ticket is logged.
Also done the standard checks, changed all filters, used a different router but the problem remains.
Run BT speed check and it looks fine but when i run it when i see a high ping rate the speed has dropped to 2/3 meg.....made sure nothing else is connected to my router but it still happens...grrr
I tend to see the speed drops drop 8pm-11pm but i get random disconnections during the day and in the evening.
Hope this is just a small issues but it has been going on for some time now.
Stronghold.
Plusnet user  Caelestis.
5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Random Connection issues, ping and speed drops.

Could you post your router stats and the Further Diagnostics bit of a BT speed test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ ?
There could be 2 problems: the peak time issue (on-going and Plus Net are dealing with it as a priority) and your disconnections.
It's also worth making sure you're plugged into the master socket (test socket ideally) to hopefully rule out any internal wiring issues.
Stronghold
Dabbler

Forgot to add i was using the BT master socket when i tested the other router (which is a standard thompson router plus net issue) and the further diagnostics didnt show any issues, 14meg down 0.39 up.
But it could be the issue that they already know about as i have no faults here that i can find and the exchange is not under an hvy load that i can see.
AndyH
Grafter

Are you seeing many disconnections though?
Also, is your upload speed not uncapped? I believe PN can uncap that for you.
Stronghold
Dabbler

3-4 D/C last night and a couple during the day i think, no idea about capping on my upload speed and if PN can uncap it that would be good Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the disconnections, I can see you've raised a fault which is definitely advisable.
re the uncap I'll see to that now for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team