cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise IP profile

Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Raise IP profile

Several days ago i unplugged my router due to decorating, i didnt have any choice. And naturally my IP Profile dropped. I opened a ticket and waited over 24 hours to which i made a reply and waited another 24 hours and made another reply.....finally i got a reply telling me to wait up to 24 hours for a reply. Im sure they are joking! And they said my line was stable. I know its stable but i would still like my IP profile raised. Is this a problem? Is something wrong?
Was told my line can handle speeds of up to 18.5mb but according to BT this hasnt happened at my exchange yet sadly. (thought id better mention). Wont happen till 30 Nov. Anyhooooo can i have my line IP profile raised to 7.15 where it should be please? Many thanks as always from a long time, loyal customer.  Smiley
12 REPLIES 12
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Raise IP profile

Hi there,
I've just submitted an SNR reset request for you to allow the line to retrain, it should take effect this afternoon at some point - hope it gets you back up to the 7150 speeds you're after.
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Many thanks. Has not done it yet as of 17:40 but i know it takes a while. Shall see what its like tomorrow. Thanks for your help.  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks like it should have happened around half 8 last night, though your sync rate is reporting as 7968 rather than 8128 hence the slower profile - is that the same sync speed as reported by your router?
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Hi there IP profile is still not raised as of 14:50, 8/8/13.
Added pic.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I wouldn't complain too much, your speed test is higher than a 7.15 Mbps profile. I wish I could get that sort of speed! Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Bitemeh1980
Hi there IP profile is still not raised as of 14:50, 8/8/13.

Quote from: Matt
... your sync rate is reporting as 7968 rather than 8128 hence the slower profile - is that the same sync speed as reported by your router?
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Is there a reason why my sync rate is all of a sudden lower than before? I'm not actually to happy about that as it was defo higher. I know you quoted me the same old posts maybe you dont like repeating yourself which is fine but instead of ignoring the subjects in my ticket or quoting me previous posts is there any chance an employee would actually check why the drop all of a sudden? Do i really have to ask this? Is it a BT problem? Do i need to phone them? Do you phone them? Can Plusnet do anything about it? Pretty sure its out of my hands, its not a really big deal but lets not start the useless games of quoting past comments because no one actually wants to check these things. Do i need to chase people up to find out why these things have happened?! Little upset for the lack of info and help here especially as a long time customer of over 5 years.
So im asking nicely.....please can an employee find out why the drop all of a sudden and is there anyway of raising it again please? I would appreciate this very much. Its not a significant drop but when you have kids always online every little bit helps. Not that i need to explain anything, im a paying customer. Sorry for sounding ticked off. But after a week i expected a little bit of info.
Many thanks as always.
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The reason I quoted it is because with all due respect you hadn't answered my question. I'd be happy to look into it but we need you to confirm that that is actually the sync speed as reported by your router - the report I quoted is not live, the sync speed may have gone back up again in which case the profile should follow.
Either way though we need to know what sync speed your router is actually reporting before we can look into anything.
So, please can you post the sync speed as reported by your router?
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

My appologies. However the router shows the same as picture, i thought they were both the same thing. At least i think these are what you are after  Undecided
Uptime: 1 day, 17:17:57
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 8,064
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 13.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 7.5 / 12.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.0 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 69
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 46
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks very much, that's exactly what I was after Smiley
Yeah it's the downstream sync rate that's caused the profile drop. It'd need to be at 8128 in order to get the 7150 profile, it's at 7000 because your sync speed is slightly below that at 8064.
Getting down to why that's happened, it pretty much has to be down to a change in the line conditions. Not sure whether that'll be at your premises or outside, but if you've not made any changes in your premises it could well be outside.
To confirm though, please test the connection with the router in the master socket (or even better, the test socket behind the master socket front plate) with all other phones etc unplugged from the line and see if the sync speed does go back up to 8128 - fingers crossed it does.
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Hi, i tried what you said before. Its been in the test socket and master one. No phones are connected to it. It has been like it since i unplugged the router due to decorating and it has never gone back to normal since.
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, that is odd - looks like the line was retraining and due to the drops the line limits have changed for the worse (though fortunately they haven't affected the profile). I'm not sure there's anything we could do to get the sync back up to 8128, a sync drop that small wouldn't warrant a fault I'm afraid. Is the line dropping connection on its own at all?