Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rain fixed my line fault!?

c0dec
Grafter

Rain fixed my line fault!?

Evening,
Abit of a strange issue here, ive already added notes to my Plusnet ticket but wondered if anyone had come across this before:
Since the outage below my dial tone disappeared from my line and as such I also couldn't call in using my mobile, my Fibre also started dropping every 30 minutes or so and sometimes not coming back on for an hour or more.
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?id=32624
Since the fault was logged on the day of the outage every evening this week I have checked for a dial tone encase BT have been doing any work on my line, tonight during very heavy rain my dial tone came back! However upon ringing my house phone 20+ times at least 10 times my line automatically answered the call without my intervention and all I could hear down the line was what I can only describe as rain! Very strange to say the least. The rain has now stopped and the sun is out again (Lovely British summertime!) I have a dial tone again and the line isn't auto answering. Whilst things 'look' to be back to normal if BT haven't done any work out of hours on my line it seems extremely strange that the heavy down poor has fixed my issue and if it has obviously something is still at fault. I'm a little worried if my line stays as it is BT will arrive and leave as they can't find an issue and I might be left with a £60 bill due to no fault of my own.
All of these tests were performed with a wired phone directly into the master socket, no extensions or wireless phones were used.
Im still having major issues with my Fibre dropping however hopefully these will resolve themselves after this line issue is sorted.
Anyone had anything like this before? I can only assume there is a wet joint somewhere on the BT network outside my house?
Dan
4 REPLIES 4
c0dec
Grafter

Re: Rain fixed my line fault!?

Wrong forum sorry, so used to posting in here.
Just went to check it again with another 5 test calls in, the call now fails after a single ring! Sad I still have a dial tone though.
Dan
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, looks like there's an engineer due to attend on Thursday in the morning - hope that gets everything sorted for you, please let us know.
c0dec
Grafter

Had an engineer out today, the copper pair coming out of my wall into the faceplate are knackered, they fell to pieces in the engineers hands! Sad All the other parts of the wire he tried to attach the faceplate to were knackered as well as I need a whole new cable run in from the road! Should be interesting.... Cry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, hope that gets everything sorted for you Smiley
Can't see any notes from the engineer yet, but fingers are crossed that it's good news.