cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REIN problem in Fulwood Preston PR2 9**

cedlor
Grafter

REIN problem in Fulwood Preston PR2 9**

Hi,  For some months I have been having a problem with REIN.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138230.0.html
Whilst BTOR agree there is a problem they have been unable to pin the source down, but it is believed to be in a small shop complex.
It is unlikely that I am the only person in the area that is suffering though maybe due to the
timing (daytime 9am til 7pm) weekdays the problem may not be noticed by many.
It presents as an increase in errors with the subsequent reduction in throughput and the
general reduction in service due to DLM.  Consequently it still  has an after effect evenings and weekends.
It will not affect anyone on cable and the affect on Fibre service is not known though it is
probably less likely to impact on those speeds.
If anyone living in this area thinks they may have or have had such a problem please post below
or send me a PM.
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: REIN problem in Fulwood Preston PR2 9**

Good idea to try and find others with the same issue, but the other Plusnet (we believe) customer with the same problem somewhere nearby may be a business user, may not read this forum, or have even been fobbed-off with other excuses and lack of action due to poor regulation by OFCOM and lack of relevant legislation to give them or Openretch the power to compel owners to get any faulty interference generating equipment fixed.
Did Plusnet ever find out if OR did write to the suspected source?
cedlor
Grafter

Re: REIN problem in Fulwood Preston PR2 9**

Yes - its straw clutching time Smiley  will pm you later - may be this evening-major gardening projects  on the go and must try to finish before the weather gets worse.
I have the same post on TBB forum  and have contacted 4 likely neighbours by letter inviting  replies by email phone or visit even if just to say they didnt have broadband. - only 1 replied. (cable)
I have spoken to one on  the same pole -nice bloke but didnt even know if he was on cable fibre or adsl. Limited use of pc so takes no notice of speeds.
When gardening is finished I will revisit the 3 who did not reply and circulate some others. Did notice something not noticed before that  one wire from the pole the other side of the shops (but still from my cabinet)
goes to another pole on the housing estate behind (thought all that was on another exchange) and looks to serve another 8 possible candidates - something else to follow up.