cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quite a high ping

Jovetic
Grafter

Quite a high ping

Can anyone offer advice please? I switched to Plusnet in the hope of improving my ping, now since i have been with PN i have noticed a great improvement in my connection at all times of the day, but my ping is still suffering.  Around 240 in WoW average and 3 bars out of 4 in COD4 xbox which sometimes drops to two. 
Would upgrading to IPStream Premium help me as i can see my exchange is in the red.  Or should i knock interleaving off, or just wait a couple of more days for my line to fully synch with the exchange?
2 REPLIES 2
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Quite a high ping

Quote from: Jovetic
as i can see my exchange is in the red. 

This is highly likely to be the root cause of the problem.
Upgrading to an IPStream Max product *may* help, as you *may* be moved onto a different backhaul, or at least moved onto a differently contended backhaul.
However, it might not make any difference either.
Unfortunately, as your exchange is red, BT will not allow any open broadband faults either.
You could raise a ticket and ask Plusnet whether they have any information regarding your exchange, although I would surmise that the only information that they have would be available at the exchange checker.
Failing that, you may be able to elicit a response from BT direct (although apparently it's more easier to wade through treacle wearing a full gorilla suit with a pony upon your back).
Lastly, I would suggest that you wait it out.  Plusnet are usually very good at keeping you informed so as they find out more information they are likely to pass it onto you.
B.
Jovetic
Grafter

Re: Quite a high ping

Thanks for the reply Baz