Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick connection question

grahameys
Dabbler

Quick connection question

Hi everyone,
Yesterday evening, our tumble drier went bang and tripped the circuit in the house. My wife tried it again later and again it tripped. This caused my modem to turn on and off twice. From this graph, my latency has dropped a bit from what it was prior to the first power loss:
[/url]
Could this be the DLM dropping interleaving or something? My speeds after the cuts last night were varying widely from anything between 30mbps and 72mbps on speedtests and I couldnt get over 1MB/s on test files which usually max the line.
Could someone from Plusnet post my line stats please?! Hopefully it was just congestion or something, but it would be great to see what my line is syncing at and if it reports any errors to rule out any actual problems (it has been rock solid and stable until now)
Thanks!
Grahame.
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Quick connection question

Hi Grahame,
I've attached your line stats for you to take a look at.
DLM hasn't ever had to make any changes to your line which is a good sign, you can tell that this is the case as the profile is showing 0.128M-80M which is an open profile. Your line does have a couple of errors on it, but not too many and doesn't appear to be service affecting.
Your sync rate between your Modem and Fibre Cabinet look really good at full 80/20 speeds. Your Exchange is on the SVLAN List of exchanges that are having a few issues with throughput at peak times. BT are working on this at the moment, so that's been identified.
grahameys
Dabbler

Re: Quick connection question

Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply, Chris - glad to see that my line is looking healhy and that there is recognised peak time problem with BT, which explains the slowdown. Hopefully they will fix it soon!
Thanks again
Grahame