cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question for moving home. What Code do I need to ask for off BT?

liam8888
Grafter

Quick Question for moving home. What Code do I need to ask for off BT?

HI I'm soon to be moving home and I know theres some sort of code to ask for off BT to get my broadband up and running at the same time as my landline. Any 1 know what code it is? Cheers in advance Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Quick Question for moving home. What Code do I need to ask for off BT?

When you order the landline at the new premises, you need to ask for it to be raised as a 'Simultaneous Provide' order (or possibly as a 'combined install' - try both, it depends on the person on the phone) but you need to make sure they place the order as such otherwise we won't be able to attach the broadband order when we raise it.
Also - and this is very important - you need to make sure there's AT LEAST 7 days (probably better to go for 14) before the order is due to complete, otherwise we won't be able to place the broadband order as there won't be enough time.
They should give you a code for the order, note this down and let us know what it is as we'll need that for the broadband order too. If you've already placed the order for the line and it wasn't done as a simultaneous provide you'll need to cancel it and place it again I'm afraid.
Hope that helps,
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I was about to post a link to the guide when I saw Matt had posted: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml
There's not much more than Matt has said.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
liam8888
Grafter

Cheers for the quick response, I haven't already asked for it no was waiting to find out the code, and it will be more then 7days notice  Tongue