cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue for 21CN activations?

MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Queue for 21CN activations?

So my exchange has very recently gone ADSL2, hurray and about time!
So I've recently moved and decided to come back to plusnet, after I applied for my line I was told the order was delayed and when I asked why the PN staffer told me it was because there was a queue for 21CN activations, he suggested it may be quicker to go ADSL Max  and I agreed.
What I'd like to know is,
Are queues for 21CN activations normal?
Are the queues because there isnt enough 21CN capacity so its it possible some might not get on ADSL2 for ages?
Will I be able to apply to Plusnet and have my line moved to 21CN once my accounts live?
Given my proximity to the exchange 21CN will make a big difference, 7mbps to roughly 17mbps so its something I'm very keen to get on.
2 REPLIES 2
chesterfield
Grafter

Re: Queue for 21CN activations?

Hoping for mine to be switched over to 21cn today, though Im at work at present, so cant tell if its been done today yet, unless the line speed checker in the control panel would instantly start reporting more than 7.15mb.
Just picking up on one point you made though, how do you calculate going from 7 to 17mb?  Im on 8mb, but only estimate going to near 10mb or 11 at best - 7mb to 17 would seem an awful big jump.  Huh
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Queue for 21CN activations?

Using something like http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php ?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)