Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about pricing

bushyhouse
Grafter

Question about pricing

Hi there,
We are currently paying 15.99 a month for plusnet unlimited broadband and i see that plusnet premium is still 15.99 a month BUT with adsl2 capabilities (i.e up to 9mbs instead of 6.5) . Will upgrading to premium incur any cost? Surely it would be in our interest to do so?
Thanks
21 REPLIES 21
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Question about pricing

Welcome to the Forum
there is no charge to change.
depends on how much you intend to down load  see here http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm  you can look at the two side by side.
does your exchange have ADSL2 ?  http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php
dont be surprised if this gets moved to Community support
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Don't forget that Premium has an 80Gb/month download limit, and it's only £15.99 if you are in a low-cost area ( Market3 exchange ).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

coastergrotto
Grafter

There is no cost involved in upgrading to Plusnet Premier.  One of the main differences is that with Premium your monthly peak time allowance is 80GB.  Off peak between midnight and 8am is unlimited.  
bushyhouse
Grafter

I'm on the Teddington exchange which is on this 21Cn which i believe is the adsl2?
I personally do a good bit of  gaming and like the idea of prioritised service for gaming!
It has an ofcom classification of market 3.
So basically if i upgrade to premium i will see no change to my billing but will consequently see better up/down speeds? Sounds like a good deal right? Undecided
scootie
Grafter

I personally do a good bit of  gaming and like the idea of prioritised service for gaming!

the proioty of gaming is titanium on both preminum and unlimited, the only diffrence being that unlimited has a 2mb speed cap on the download. ive never had issues with the speed cap on unlimited and i changed from unlimited max preminum (dont get that confused with the preminum package your talking about here) which has a higher prioity over the BTw network to unlimited over 21cn adsl2 last april
bushyhouse
Grafter

So your saying that the package that im on has higher priority over 21cn for gaming althought the line speed is capped to 2mb? Even though 21cn has a faaster line speed?
Sorry got a bit confused by your post.  Crazy
Would you recomend the upgrade or not basically lol? Wink
scootie
Grafter

prioity and speed limits are to diffrent things,
all thoe unlimited has a 2mb speed cap limit, the prioity gaming gets is the same on all packages.
basically see the prioity as a queue, if all prioitys are waiting in line to get over the PN network the titanium (gaming packets) get through first before any streaming (gold) or p2p (bronze) packets.
if your peak time usage between 8am and midnight is around 80gb or less on unlimited the the preminum package should be fine for you, you may want to check the midnight latency thread out thoe before you make the move to 21cn as this issues is still on going http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.128.html
bushyhouse
Grafter

Ryt ive upgraded to premium, gonna be moved on christmas day!
Anything i should do when the line is upgraded? Anything i can do to check wether its been upgraded or not?
scootie
Grafter

it will say in your member centre if your on preminum or unlimited.
also check your line stats, if you post your attention, snr/noise margin and sync speeds we can give an est of what speeds you should see from adsl2 /ads2+
to get at your line stats http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
input your line atten here and it will guide you to the speeds you should see http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php it works on a default noise margin of 6db so works the max possable speed you could see
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another thing to check is your profile, they have an intermittent bug that sets it to 2000, if so phone in and it will be changed immediately
pimpernel
Grafter

:-[I was just about to signup for the Premier service when I noticed the price has suddenly gone up from the £15.99 mentioned here and now it is £19.99 after 3 months.
What's going on, eh?
Shall now stay with what I've got thank you!!!!
Starting to look elsewhere for a better deal. Undecided
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

was just about to signup for the Premier service when I noticed the price has suddenly gone up from the £15.99 mentioned here and now it is £19.99 after 3 months.

If you are not in a low-cost(Market 3) area then yes, its £19.99 after 3 months, it always has been. It's only £15.99 in a Market3 area.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

pimpernel, you're in a market 3 area, so your ongoing price would be £15.99.
pimpernel
Grafter

Thanks for that, I've tried it again and now get £15.99.
I thought it was all a bit peculiar.
All the best to the entire Plusnet crew.