cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Thread

Owl

Re: Question Thread

My Thomson has been rebooting itself a lot recently (and I haven't had it long). Initially it was stable for over 3 days then I rebooted it and since then it has restarted itself several times (at least 3 in the last 3 days that I know of). I don't know if it has done it at other times and I don't know what happened immediately before the restart because the event log seems to restart too.
After a restart the first item in the event log is "KERNEL Warm restart" and it always seems to take between 5 and 8 minutes to reconnect to the point that it has a WAN IP address.
Thomson details are:
  Product Name: TG585 v7
  Software Release: 7.4.4.7
  Software Variant: FU
  Boot Loader Version: 1.0.0
  Product Code: 36588280 
  Board Name: CANT-P
I'm on FTTC so the Thomson is connected to a BT modem by ethernet. I don't know how to see if the BT modem has dropped it's dsl connection or if it has rebooted too. Any advice on anything I can do with the Thomson or the BT please?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Question Thread

If you are not using wireless I think you could just replace the Thompson with a £5-10 hub/switch. If you are using wireless you would also need to add a wireless access point. Someone needs to confirm that the BT supplied "modem" is in fact a combined NAT router and modem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)