Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question 88358751 - Update?

Ronan
Dabbler

Question 88358751 - Update?

Good morning, Plusnet!
I was wondering if you could give me an update on question 88358751, please? The question has been off hold for over 48 hours. It was on hold while waiting for a cabinet issue to be resolved (BTW EIN: 608237488).
I just want to know the status to see if I can make a new installation appointment without first going through the 30 minutes wait on the phone 🙂
Thanks in advance!
Ronan
10 REPLIES 10
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Question 88358751 - Update?

Hi Ronan,
Sorry to hear there's a delay with your cabinet.
I've spoken to Openreach this morning and they've confirmed that there's still work required on the cable which links the Exchange with your cabinet to provide the FTTC service to your property.
They've advised that we check back on this towards the end of next week so I have placed the ticket on hold until the 23rd. You won't need to call us to make a new installation appointment as we'll arrange that with you as soon as the order is in the right place to move forward with an appointment. At the moment we can't make any appointment requests on the order due to the work needing to be done.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.
Ronan
Dabbler

Thanks, Linn.
Ronan
Dabbler

Good morning,
Could I have another update on this one, please? This came off hold 48 hours ago.
Some neighbours are being told by BT that the next update will be on 31st July so I suspect that is when the work will be done and the negotiation by Plusnet for an earlier resolution was not too successful  Smiley
Thanks in advance!
r.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Ronan,
I've just spoken to our suppliers who have confirmed that work is still ongoing, so not really much of an update unfortunately. We've been advised to check back for further updates on 1st August, which we'll certainly do for you.
Ronan
Dabbler

Thanks, Chris.
Ronan
Dabbler

Hello again,
A long shot as Engineer is currently there and has issues (phone line has 30 minute queue so though here would be quicker!): The house was built in 2009 so has no Master Socket and has an external NTE.
The Engineer on site has never encountered that before and, being a contractor, apparently has no training nor support to call/check with.
Any idea how to get him the info on what to do before he clears off and I have another 2 weeks delay to get a new engineer?
Thanks a million!
Ronan
Dabbler

Hi,
Too late. Engineer did his best but had to be handheld and shown what the internet said. I find it hard to believe these guys are sent out without any training. But then again, he is paid £21 per installation so he only wants standard stuff then move on!
He converted  a normal extension point as master socket and we're now connected.
No idea if it is the first in the series or not though. Let's see what the speed is like in 10 days. The 57/17 (wired) is certainly better than the previous 6.5/0.38. Wireless is "only" 28/10 so I'll tinker in a couple of weeks. I'll also see what the Sam Knows box reports back.
R.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ronan,
Apologies for not getting back to you during the time the engineer was on site.
This certainly sounds odd that he wasn't confident in what to do with the external NTE, from reading over the Openreach documentation, the external NTE has been something that has been in place for new build properties for a number of years now (certainly before 2009) so it should be something that they would be aware of  Undecided
Glad to hear that you now have something that's more comparable to a fibre speed and I can see that you're syncing a little higher than you're seeing now so I've manually altered your profile to bring you up to 58mbps but given your line estimates, you should be higher so I think we need to look at getting another engineer out to both apply the correct fix and also check the work that was carried out by the contractor.
Would there be any dates/times in particular that you'd like us to look at booking or are you happy for us to book the earliest date we can and work around the engineer availability?
Ronan
Dabbler

Thank you very much, Adam.
Another engineer to check/correct would be great if that is possible. No major rush for it though. Any Tuesday would be great and we can work around that.
I assume the accounts/refunds will take place automatically but can I check something with you: Am I right in thinking that the "Pro" add-on that I had on ADSL is no longer required for FTTC?
Thanks again for your support.
Ronan
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Ronan,
I've just run through our diagnostics process and raised this to our supplier for further checks now. Hopefully we should hear back on this soon and they will offer us the next step of booking an appointment to get someone out to you.
If you take a look at your account, you should now have a support ticket logged with our faults team which you can follow for updates on the whole process.