cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question 87683791 - Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity. ?

Gussie
Grafter

Question 87683791 - Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity. ?

Chris - you raised a fault on my line with BT Openreach ...
Test Result: Fail - Fault located at exchange (BT Wholesale side of MDF)
Description: FAULT - Dis in Exchange
Noise on the line
The trouble report reference is: TR0000003665233
I've not had any result reported to me and now I see the ticket has been closed.
What happened ?
Has the fault been cleared or not ?
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Question 87683791 - Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity. ?

Hi there,
Really sorry, I can tell straight away the ticket was actioned incorrectly.
It should have been placed on hold until the estimated response time, instead it was passed back to you, it looks like a mistake but I will be feeding this back.
I've checked the fault and our suppliers advised us on 30/6 the issue should be resolved.
Can you confirm if there's still an issue ASAP please so I can make sure we're on top of this if need be?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gussie
Grafter

Re: Question 87683791 - Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity. ?

Chris ran a test on my line and found errors which might be causing issues for me - see the attached.image.
The fault is detailed in TR0000003665233.
I cannot run the test Chris did so cannot tell you if it has been fixed.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Gussie,
Sorry I didn't realise this stemmed from a broadband issue rather than phone directly.
I've just read http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,128220.msg1117862.html#msg1117862 re the original issue.
Further line tests have indicated there's still a fault so I'm raising that and will update you via a new ticket shortly.

EDIT: Just wanted to update you to say that an engineer was dispatched to the exchange shortly after I raised the fault so I'm hoping to see this fixed soon.
I'll be checking for further updates tomorrow.
UPDATE: The line fault has been fixed now so please let me know if you've seen any improvements in speeds, bearing in mind it may be the case you need to wait a few days for DLM to update.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gussie
Grafter

Thanks Adam - could you run the test Chris did just to confirm that the line errors have gone.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, only a handful of errored seconds are showing which shouldn't be a concern.
Don't panic about the big red "Fail" at the top, that's there as the KBD (BTW's diagnostics system) indicated the PPP session was down and that isn't reflected on your RADIUS logs which indicate that you're currently online.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gussie
Grafter

Thanks
Gussie
Grafter

Might seem a touch churlish to mention this, but ...
Ever since this fault was fixed my maximum download / upload  speeds have dropped from 51 / 7.7 Mbps to 48 / 7.3 Mbps
I know it's minor but any reason for it? Are there any line settings that may have been changed.
I've checked several times over the past few weeks and this speed drop is consistent.
The initial higher speeds were also consistent up until a BT engineer swapped out some circuit board to fix my line fault that was causing line errors.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your sync speed and profile should be are set correctly for you to achieve anything around 50Mb/s.

It had synced at 54.5Mb/s recently and has decreased slightly, if you've had a reboot/resync then speeds can simply connect at a slightly different rate as the case may be here.