cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #70287400

legobunny71

Question #70287400

My connection speed has reached an all-time low.  I asked a question to the support team on Sunday and have had no reply.
I have recently done a BT performance test and it shows my IP profile at a miserable 0.25 Mbps.
What is going on with my connection?  I even bought a brand new Netgear N300 router and plugged it in with a new filter straight into the house's main socket.
The BT wholesale says I should be getting way more download speed than I'm getting.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Question #70287400

if you could post the details that are requested in here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html it would give people something to go on Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
legobunny71

The line speed seems to have been put back up - after a few disconnections. Thanks!
I hope it stays at this speed.
Anyway - here are the stats that I found on the router (as of now):

Link rate down 13235 Kbps/  up 448 Kbps
Line Attn  down 26.0 dB /  up 14.7 dB
Noise margin  down 6.1 dB /  up 21.9 dB

Will the same problem happen again with those stats?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi,
It all depends on what caused the problem.
A bad line joint can cause connectivity issues to come and go.  Did you follow all of the advice on the link above?  Is your phone line noisy as your synch speed looks a little low for your lines attenuation.
For the moment you will just need to keep monitoring it.  Make a note of the weather conditions when the synch rate slow.  If it keeps dropping, raise a bb fault ticket... You will need to ave gone through all of he self help checks frost.
Hth

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi legobunny71, welcome to the forum.
Your connection should be doing even better than those stats, so it light of the disconnects there could well be a fault. Have you had any response on the ticket?
Are you currently plugged into the Test Socket? This assumes you have this Master Socket like the one on the left?  Do you have any extension phone sockets, and are you using/have you been using any plug-in extension leads?
Also, can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi legobunny71,
I can see that our faults team managed to tweak a few things on your line to get your speeds back to an acceptable range. We have located a possible fault which may result in your speeds dropping again, so we;ve raised this with our suppliers to get this rectified.
We'll keep you updated on ticket 70287400 that you raised.