cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #41118519 - Internet down for 7 days

andrew45

Question #41118519 - Internet down for 7 days

Fault reported last Saturday morning. Yesterday afternoon I was told that one of the 4 TAM layers in the exchange had failed and that PN had asked BT to resolve & asked me to call back this morning if we still had no connection.
I duly phoned back & spoke to someone different who could't see why I had been told this, couldn't see what the problem was and that if it hadn't been fixed now it wouldn't be fixed in the next 24 hours. I'd mentioned that my daughter's coming home from University for Mother's Day and that she will need to log into the University network while she is home.
1) Can anyone from Plusnet phone me and tell me exactly what is happening, what the problem is and give me a realistic timescale for resolution.
2) Whilst the problem may be with BT and not Plusnet (although Plusnet do seem to have taken their time before they did anything), the service is, in my opinion, not fit for purpose. Does anyone have names & contact details for senior managment at Plusnet ?
We have been with Plusnet for a few weeks and so far regret the move.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Question #41118519 - Internet down for 7 days

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear things haven't gone well so far. By the sound of it an agent has given you a very technical explanation of the problem which not everyone within the call centre would be expected to understand, hence other people you've spoken to disagreeing with that.
I'm going to go through the notes on your account relating to this issue and give feedback at this end where needed and more importantly get things moving in a more positive direction for you.
1) Can anyone from Plusnet phone me and tell me exactly what is happening, what the problem is and give me a realistic timescale for resolution.

One of us will give you a call once I've been over the notes with a fine tooth comb. Definitive time-scales aren't always possible but I'll get things moving as quickly as possible
2) Whilst the problem may be with BT and not Plusnet (although Plusnet do seem to have taken their time before they did anything), the service is, in my opinion, not fit for purpose. Does anyone have names & contact details for senior managment at Plusnet ?

We can provide such details when we get in touch, where as you are quite entitled to complain to senior management they aren't in the best position to deal with the technicalities of the issue and get things moving but I'll make sure we do our best at that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Question #41118519 - Internet down for 7 days

I've just looked at this and I believe that co-incidentally you've just called in. As my colleague explained we need to run further TAM testing (this is a pre-exchange level of authentication). BT are doing that for us now and should reply within 24 hours, if those tests reveal a problem (which they should) they'll ensure the correct work is done to resolve the issue.
I'll check the progress of this again before I leave around 5.30, otherwise it's realistic to believe that the next update on this may be Monday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team