cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #180963550 Closed but Copper Line Test shows "FAULT - Loop (Rectified)"

FIXED
gp
Dabbler

Question #180963550 Closed but Copper Line Test shows "FAULT - Loop (Rectified)"

It all started with noise on the phone line and broadband persistently dropping when the phone was in use.  This was fixed by a nice guy from OR.  All good, no more noise, no more drops.

Then I requested an upgrade to ADSL2+ which also happened as planned, up to 8Mb/s, great.

So, pushing my luck, i requested the upstream cap to be removed, now that my broadband was finally on 21CN.  The CSC tested the line on 6 September and the Copper Line test showed: "FAULT - Loop (Rectified)"

Problem Explanation: [NF03] The Copper Line test has failed. MFL :- (CA)

The CSC called me on 6 September but I was away on holiday, so the case was put on hold until my return.  A couple of more calls from Plusnet, regrettably not at home to deal with the calls.

Yesterday, very much to my surprise, I received an e-mail stating the the question was closed (but the most recent test still shows the copper line fault).  The summary states

NFF on phone or broadband
Connection stable also to remove the 448 would results in the BB becoming unstable.

and

I called to advise the request to remove the 448 cap although would be possible we do not recommend as this is in place to provide a stable connection and would result in a complete loss of service when in use.

I am also curious how the upstream would result in "complete loss of service" if the cap was removed.  The noise margin is 19.7 dB with 25.6 dB line loss (as per Plusnet's own test results).

Having said that, I have noticed the upstream noise margin dropping to about 8 dB when the phone is being used.  So, maybe there is something still wrong here.

However, my main point here is why this question was closed while the test still shows a copper line fault?

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Question #180963550 Closed but Copper Line Test shows "FAULT - Loop (Rectified)"

Fix

Hi @GP,

I'm sorry for the way that your fault ticket and your request for us to uncap the upstream has been handled. I can confirm that the information that the advisor has given you about this is incorrect - uncapping the upstream speed shouldn't impact the stability of your connection nor result in a loss of service. The fault ticket also should not have been closed as the issue is still ongoing, the advisor appears to have closed this by mistake. I'm very sorry for these errors and for the poor experience that this has caused. I have passed feedback on to the advisor's manager so that this can be looked into further and handled internally.

In terms of your upload speed, I've placed an order to remove the cap and this will take effect within 24 hours. I've also opened a new fault ticket on your account here if there's anything that you'd like to add to this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
gp
Dabbler

Re: Question #180963550 Closed but Copper Line Test shows "FAULT - Loop (Rectified)"

Hi Emily

many thanks for picking that up quickly and creating a new question.  Looking forward to faster upload speeds.