cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q. - How long does it take Plusnet to connect Broadband?

bandaj

Q. - How long does it take Plusnet to connect Broadband?

A - About as long as a piece of string.
I placed my order for ADSL and anytime phone on December 1st, and the switchover was confirmed as December 15th.
I was told that the existing phone and ADSL service would continue until switchover, with only a short break. I paid for the whole year upfront, and waited for things to happen.
On December 14th , BT advised that my phone service would be switched off the following day, but at this point I had heard nothing from PN.
After queuing on the chat line for some time, I was eventually told there was  a problem in my cabinet, and the question was put on hold.
Next day, the phone went dead, but existing ADSL still worked. After  a chatline session, I was told the phone would be on later that day, and indeed it was.
Over the next few weeks, nothing more happened except occasional messages saying the question has been put on hold until about  week later.
Current situation today (January 8th) is that PN cannot connect the Broadband as the line is in use by another provider. YES, IT IS THE PROVIDER THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE REPLACING !!!!  Todays message is that the question has been put on hold for another week.
You really couldn't make it up. I think I'm expected to take my toolkit and go down the my cabinet and play with the wiring.
It's now been 5 weeks from order, and no sign that PN have  a clue what they are doing. Checking my order status, it shows "completed" on everything except the router, which hasn't even been ordered.
Does anyone know the record for the longest waiting time?Huh
Fortunately I stil have the broadband connection from my previous provider (for which I am still paying), but expect this to vanish at any moment.
Maybe this forum might spur somebody into action. Angry
4 REPLIES 4
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Q. - How long does it take Plusnet to connect Broadband?

Good Morning Bandaj,
I'm sorry about the delays on this, and for some of the information you have been given, I have passed feedback onto anyone that I feel could have provided more insight into this. The issue with taking over the broadband asset is that BT Wholesale and BT Openreach who are our providers have different information regarding your line and active connection, due to this their ordering systems do not allow us to proceed past the first step of placing your order with them, an email was sent to the team that need to fix this on the 23rd of December yet no response was received, I have escalated this back and expect a response within 24 working hours, I will provide more information once it is available.
I have sent you an email from your account with a more detailed description of the issues we are facing, but as that contains details pertinent to you that would no be appropriate to post here, I hope you find the answers you require in my email but if you need to know anything more please do let me know
bandaj

Now January 25th - After my post on Jan 9th, I had a response saying the problem had been taken over by "the  team" to sort out.
And guess what - absolutely nothing has happened since then! I'm still sitting here getting messages to say the problem has been put on hold until whenever. I have set a deadline of Jan 31st, after which I WILL cancel the whole order and move over to Virgin. I will also be claiming my  expenses for the time  spent  trying to get this mess sorted.  Cry
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi again Bandaj,
was hoping to catch you in here, I've sent you an email from your account as a colleague notified me of your response. It does seem we are still in the same position we were in back when you made your original post. One of my colleagues has contacted someone he's dealt with before at BT Wholesale in the hope of pushing things ahead. I do have to be honest, we won't be able to connect you before the 31st as we will still need to give your old/current broadband provider 14 days notice once the transfer is in place, but our aim at the moment is to get those line records as they should be so this can be done asap.
I am keeping an eye on things and I have popped messages to any agents who could have, once again, provided more information than they did, we are expecting some movement on this by 11AM tomorrow so I will get you an update by Midday tomorrow
bandaj

February 19th, AND STILL NO BROADBAND. Ordered December 1st 2015 !!!
ADD TO THAT, PLUSNET HAVE CHANGED MY  PHONE NUMBER, despite me specifically saying they must not do that. No Internet, no phone, like being in the desert. Nobody can contact us, we have new mobile phones but haven't been able to tell  everyone the new numbers yet.
Plusnet promise it will all be sorted "tomorrow", but nobody gets back to us when it doesn't happen. (and it hasn't happened about 15 times)
Today I said I'd had enough, and when customer support couldn't tellmy anything new I said I was going to cancel to whole mess. When she put me through to cancellations, NOBODY ANSWERED AFTER 25 MINUTES!
What a total fiasco - Nearly 3 months after placing the order. Even worse,  when I try to move to another supplier, the respons is that we will need as new line!
This is after using this line and number for 35 years, with broadband for > 15 years. Plusnet, you've really made a b**ls up of this, and totally wrecked  our communications. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?  Angry