cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzle time!

Routefinder
Grafter

Re: Puzzle time!

Can I suggest you manually set the router time & date as I thought SNTP was the connection computers/routers use to connect to "time servers" ~ just a thought???
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Where did this 198.18.1.8 address come from? I believe it's totally erroneous. Whether it's causing the problem I don't know.
Routefinder
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Where did this 198.18.1.8 address come from? I believe it's totally erroneous. Whether it's causing the problem I don't know.

Well maybe this throws some light or not as the case may be???
http://networktools.nl/whois/198.18.1.8
clipped info from that page
Comment:        This block has been allocated for use in
Comment:        benchmark tests of network interconnect
Comment:        devices. This range was assigned to                    
Comment:        minimize the chance of conflict in case a
Comment:        testing device were to be accidentally
Comment:        connected to part of the Internet.
Comment:        Packets with source addresses from
Comment:        this range are not meant to be forwarded                    
Comment:        across the Internet
Edit ~ yup, SNTP are time server type locations as mentioned here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol
Anotherone
Champion

Ok, I've just read through the thread again and this is a mystery, in addition to which because of my previous post, I suggest the sensible option at this point would be to do a full factory reset and make no changes to any settings other than entering the broadband username and password.
Then see what happens.
Just to clear up another point, I was confused buy this discussion about DNS addresses -
212.159.6.9 & 212.159.6.10 & 212.159.13.49 & 212.159.13.50 are ALL valid Plusnet DNS server addresses and have been for some many years.
stephen810
Dabbler

Hi all,
Had a phone call from the lovely JoJo and she will try and sort it out. Thanks everyone for the advise. I've been through all the settings again and still nothing. But I'm sure it won't be long before I'm up and running again.  The only forum piece similar to mine is this: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/3551461-really-confusing-sync-problem.html?page=4&view=co...
Many thanks,
Stephen
Anotherone
Champion

Have you tried a factory reset of the 582n? You could be messing around for ages if you haven't done that!
stephen810
Dabbler

Yes I have and it makes no difference.
taras
Grafter

Quote from: Routefinder
Just to ask those who know more but in the case I mentioned with disabling IPv6 like I had to do has anyone else noticed this???  In case I did not mention it I run W7 Pro 64 bit on the PC in question and the motherboard has a Gigabit ethernet port........in other words is it the "connectivity settings" of the ethernet connected PC that is the source of the problem rather than in absolute terms the router settings???

I've not had to do that with my w7x64 and tg582n with the 10.x demo firmware