cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulsed dial tone

Johnmwalton

Pulsed dial tone

I've been waiting for a month for phone and broadband, got the phone working 11 days ago, the final date for Internet was yesterday ( after 3 previous failed promises) Still no internet, 3 green lights on modem but Internet light remains red. Now the dial tone on the phone has started to pulse, just like on the 'previous BT line' when the phone was on transfer.. I spent 30 mins. Yesterday on hold to service centre but lost the 'will to live' with the recorded announcements Embarrassed :-
Can anybody shed any light.
John
4 REPLIES 4
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Pulsed dial tone

Try dialling 1571 I think you have a message  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

The dial tone interrupt sounds like either a voice mail message or possibly a call divert in place.
Don't know if either would cause failure to connect to the internet - if it turns out to be neither and/or you can't regain a normal dial tone you may still have to join the CS queue if it still doesn't connect.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

... Or use the chat facility on the user portal http://plus.net
Also check your account details in the router - that is the most likely cause of the red Internet light.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

The account hadn't been activated yet but it has been now and the OP is online.
They also have 1571 so I suspect that's the cause as per what other posters have put.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team