Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiles have dropped

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Profiles have dropped

it seems last night i had a drop for the first time dont know why  Sad  , my profiles for both Plusnet and BTW have dropped to 61Mb i was syncing at 65Mb but with not being able to see stats etc it's hard to know what i'm syncing at now can someone at PLusnet put them back to where they were please thank you.
BTW profile
IP Profile for your line is - 61.97 Mbps
Plusnet 61.8 Mb
26 REPLIES 26
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Profiles have dropped

You're now syncing at around 64.08 Mbps - so have dropped around 1Mb.
Plusnet are unable to change/increase your IP Profile as only Openreach engineers are able to do this.
Terranova667
Pro

Anyone from the PDCT around today ?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

AndyH is right in what he's stated, your sync speed has dropped to 64Mb/s which has seen a decrease with your IP profile and your PN profile.
It may be that this does go back up as the DLM profile is not restricting your line at all.
Terranova667
Pro

@ Chris Purvey thanks for the reply at least DLM isn't restricting anything so i would guess that noise didn't cause the drop as DLM would have put interleaving on etc if that were the case, so i wonder what did cause it , anyway any idea how long it usually  takes for the profiles to go back up on their own.  
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It dependent on the sync rate so the profile would update if that did. It's not something that's guaranteed to happen but as Chris mentioned if might.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Terranova667
Pro

I'll give a it a couple of days and see if the sync goes back and the profile changes on their own, thanks
Terranova667
Pro

Seems i had another drop this morning around 7am can't tell if it was the router or the modem, the router log just says PPP link down (Internet)  before that there are 8 entries of SNTP Synchronised again to server, Profiles have remained as they were  ie
BTW IP Profile for your line is - 61.97 Mbps
Plusnet 61.8Mb
So at least that hasn't changed, although in speed tests i'm now getting 58Mb instead of 59Mb which i was still getting after the first drop so something has changed a little has DLM kicked in ?, can plusnet see anything that might have caused these drops I'm hoping this isn't a start of something more frequent and such loss of speed as a result.  Sad
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm quite confident its not DLM related as you would have seen a decrease in the IP profile.
From what I can see your current line speed updated two days ago but your PPP session didn't actually drop until this morning
I'd recommend keeping a eye on your line as a loss of 2 to 3mbps isn't a major loss but everything seems okay at the moment
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Terranova667
Pro

thanks for the reply Matt i'll keep an eye on it, I'm guessing the PPP session dropping wont get the IP profiles to rise back up on their own, or was this required for that to happen ? .
Terranova667
Pro

I just had a power cut and such modem restarted BT IP has risen slightly to 62.75 Mbps can my plusnet one be increased to match it please when ever that's possible thank you.
Terranova667
Pro

Can someone from PN DCT please increase my plusnet profile to match my BTW IP profile as it hasn't done so by its self since my power cut last Friday,   thank you

Currently stands at
BTW IP profile -  IP Profile for your line is - 62.75 Mbps
plusnet profile - 61.8 Mb
Nellly5
Dabbler

how are you getting your plusnet and bt profile/sync speed?
i have seen the BT one on the whoesale speed checker but what about the plusnet one?
cheers
AndyH
Grafter

@ Nellly5 - It's here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed under Current Line Speed
Nellly5
Dabbler

cheers as i am sure mine are very different. i will have to wait to check when i get home