cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile updated just not getting speed..

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Profile updated just not getting speed..

HI mondyman,
Glad to have helped, you're welcome.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI ns,
I'm sure at sometime in the future there will be a fully automated system that alerts and rectifies these problems. The thing you have to remember is that approx. 90%+ of reported faults are related to customers wiring or equipment. Quite often the DLM will change a profile from, say, 5Mbps down to 4Mbps to keep the stability which the majority of customers will never notice. This will lead to a better experience than the customer losing internet connectivity. In extreme cases the profile will drop to 135k, which usually indicates a serious problem with the connection.
Jojo Smiley
mondyman
Dabbler

Quote from: ns
So this is what I find puzzling. If noone would opt for a a slow connection then surely there must be a better way of alerting or isolating this problem then for a customer to realize his/her speed has dropped to unacceptable levels. Noone in their right mind would accept the their connection to revert to dial up speeds which is what it feels like. BTW i have ended up in the same situation where my IP profile is capped at 135Kbps. Frustrating thing was the troubleshooting wizard wanted me to replace my router before even suggesting speedtester. Thank god i let my common sense override that fools errand. I just hope that it does not take plusnet 3 months to trace and fix the problem. How long between you realizing that your line had an IP profile cap and it getting fixed?

Hi ns , i had an inkling that something wasn't right after the 10 day training period was up as i'd had a speed of 2mb per sec before i switched over. Thing is i had a fault with my phone / master socket that had to be fixed 1st before that could be ruled out and then i knew the problem wasn't my end as the connection was stable for longer then the 72 hours it needed for the line management to raise my line profile ( which it never did ) So i posted up here as i already had a ticket ongoing and fair play to Jo , if you read the thread she looked into it and the line was actually stuck on a 135 kb per sec profile. This was reset and the speed has been good since then.
Hope you get it sorted m8..
All the best
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Quote tags fixed.