cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile update required please

jjaycee1
Grafter

Profile update required please

My BT Profile is 2.5MBs but PNET profile is still 2MBs. See the attachments both dated today 13July. I could phone PN but usually have to wait to get through quite a long time so i thought one of the kind PN reps on this site would arrange it for me.
Note: I did write to the forum last time a profile raise was not activated automatically but did not understand the reply I got. It was always automatically done in the past but for the last 3 times I have had to either reboot or disconnect and reconnect my router for the change to happen. This is something very new and not really understood as to why it has changed suddenly.
4 REPLIES 4
jjaycee1
Grafter

Re: Profile update required please

Forgot to mention that I have already disconnected but nothing changed. I then rebooted and nothing changed, hence my request.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've updated that for you now.
If you disconnect then reconnect you'll pick the new profile up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jjaycee1
Grafter

Many thanks Mathew. I happen to get thru to PNET via phone at about 11.30 this morning not having read your update. Whilst on the phone I did read your update and  told the rep that I was going to use the browser to disconnect and then reconnect. He was alarmed and said I should not do that as it would cause damage to the line if I kept disconnecting and reconnecting and that there was no difference in the action of rebooting the router or disconnecting. I thought that was strange as I understand from various posts previously that disconnecting was less "harmful" as far as DLM was concerned than rebooting. I also explained that if I disconnect then I would normally get exactly the same sync speed as before, but if I rebooted it would always come back with a different sync speed. Anyway I ignored the advice and disconnected. I now have the correct download speed.
As you can tell, I am somewhat confused over the difference in advice from PNET experts.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

That's not correct at all.
Leave it with me and I'll get that passed back as feedback to the agent.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team