cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile stuck needs resetting.

ashy

Profile stuck needs resetting.

Can somebody please reset my Profile it is too low for my line.  Sad
I practically have the exchange on my doorstep and have a good stable line.
I was sync'ing at 18 meg with no problems now stuck at 12.65 according to BT and according to the speed checker is 19Mbps capable.
I had a problem a while ago with a new router disconnecting, but is now stable however my line hasn't recovered.
BT stats below:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 10.03 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 12.65 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.93Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

Plusnet stats:
Phone exchange:
FORTON
Estimated line speed:
15Mb (This may vary between 8.5Mb and 19Mb)  - Checked on 2013-08-30 12:54:48
Current line speed:
10.7 Mb
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Profile stuck needs resetting.

The 19Mbps refers to your sync speed. The IP Profile is set every time you sync with the exchange at 88.2% of the sync speed, so if your line is capable of up to 19Mbps the highest IP Profile you will see is 16.76.
As your current IP Profile is 12.65 you must be synced at 14.34Mbps. I suggest you resync (click disconnect in the router interface and then reboot the router) to see what sync speed you are getting.
The Plusnet current line speed is supposed to track the IP Profile within a few hours of it changing.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ashy

I already have rebooted and no change, I've also tried a different router and used DMT to force a higher sync, but nothing changes because I am stuck with this profile.  I used to sync at 18meg and now it's nowhere near. It needs resetting.
Can someone at plusnet please action this?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think the DLM has banded your connection on the 7168-14336kbps band, Presumably this is due to the disconnections caused by your previous router. Assuming the line shows as stable with few transmission errors the DLM may remove the banding. However a reset would speed things up.
The CSC might put that through for you if you call but I suspect patience until the Digital Care Team are here to take a look on Monday is likely to be easiest.
David
Dmitchell
Grafter

Good morning ashy.
I've ran a quick test on your line and I can see that there was a brief period of disconnections, this will be the likely cause of the drop in profile.

As you've advised (and you can also see) the line has been stable since though.
I've just reset the line (this was capped to 14mb) and you are now syncing at 17mb, this should increase further over the next few days. Please give your router a quick reboot in the next 30 mins or so.
Let me know if that helps.
ashy

Excellent thank you, everything is looking good again. Syncing at 17meg and the snr has come back down too and getting much better speeds now.
The excellent support of Plusnet staff and their active presence here is why I stay with Plusnet.
Many thanks again!
Dmitchell
Grafter

No problem, glad we could help. Smiley
Let me know if you have any further issues.
Dean
ashy