Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile reset

gordy
Grafter

Profile reset

Hi there
I had a glitch on my line I guess last night (username plopshop, hehe) which sent the router syncing at 256Kbit. I noticed when I came in from work and pulled the power for a while at which point it wouldn't sync at all so left it a while longer after which it synced at a super speedy 356Kbit. I left it and went to bed (probably should have switched it off quickly again but hey!) and power cycled it again this morning and got back to my normal just under 4000Kbit. But my profile hasn't reset from 256Kbit, I gave it until midnight tonight before coming on and asking if it was possible for a wee nudge as it's driving me mental! I had no idea how much of the internet basically becomes useless at 256Kbit! Hehe.
Also, just while I'm on, I'm on ADSL2 with a pretty long line length using an old Netgear DG834g (the old version 1 that looks like a tea tray!) which has given me sterling service but wondered if I was likely to see any speed increase by replacing it with an all singing all dancing modern Netgear beastie that would support Annex M and whatever. My upload sits right round about 950-990 so I'm not needing any more on that. What do you folks think?
Thanks!
Gordy
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Profile reset

Hi there,

I've adjusted the speed profile on our side to 3400kbps so you should see some improvement now. I would however advise not to reboot the router that often though as the resynchs can lead to a reduction in speeds.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gordy
Grafter

Re: Profile reset

Thanks a lot!