cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile - reset ? very low compared to bt speedtest

ARone
Grafter

Profile - reset ? very low compared to bt speedtest

Hi , my broadband has been stable for a long while but today for some reason I had problems earlier on and my usual 16mb sync line (usualy 14mb real as close to exchange) has dropped to 2.6 mb at plusnet speed profile when I checkj although I am again syncing at 16.67 mb and seems stable again ,m I did do usual earlier and checked by fitting another brand new bt filter and am always in the engineers master socket with no extensions or plate have been for over a year since problems test in past which were outside line usually really really good as I am very close to exchange can throw stones at it from bedroom almost , lol
bt profile test says...
Download speed achieved during the test was - 2.85 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 14.32 Mbps
plusnet speed profile says  
Current line speed:
   2.9 Mb
which is the lowest my broadband has been for about 5 years  Shocked

Does now seem to be what was a short term problem but its a massive drop on my plusnet profile usually there used to be a thgad here where we could ask for a profile reset ? but cannot find it as not had to use it for ages and technical line I waited for nearly half an hour earlier but was too busy so had to put phone down
What is best to do to regain my until now excellent speed which is now way too low considering my high sync and usual long term good download etc speeds please without a long wait on technical help or bothering them do I leave connected , do I disconnect / reset again or what happens next to get it back to normal or up from 2.9 mb  profile without raising a ticket or phone call please . Smiley
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Profile - reset ? very low compared to bt speedtest

Hi ARone,
I've just adjusted the profile up to 14300kbps for you. Any more issues let me know.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team