cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile reset needed.

hypnoboy
Grafter

Profile reset needed.

Can someone here please contact BT HLE, My case is now ongoing for over 2 months, 17 engineer visits and due to a problem yesterday my profile has dropped over 12 meg, I have been asked by the engineer last week to call you if anything went wrong and to have my profile reset if it drops so that I can monitor and feed back accordingly. So I M requesting a line reset.
I have just called and spoke to your tech team, and he spoke to faults, apparently faults team do NOT have the power to contact HLE and request a line reset to fix my profile.
This has been done numerous times with Luke Walker and other members of your team in faults and needs to be reset back to 40 meg so this can be monitored incase another engineer visit is due and need to see if the line remains stable.
I know this is possible as I have requested it at least 3 times before and has been done within a couple of hours,
Can someone please do this for me as I am currently sitting at mid 20's and usually when working stable hit 38 out of a 40 meg connection. Yet the line needs to be reset to start monitoring again after an engineer visit on friday. This is a BT profile reset and not a plusnet profile reset as that should still be at 40. So BT HLE need to be contacted to clear the line back to 40 meg.
Can someone do this for me asap as I would greatly appreciate it and hope that this is the end of this problem.
Thanks
Craig.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Profile reset needed.

Hi there,
I'm going to speak to Luke regarding this for you.
We'll give you an update on ticket 71513150 regarding that ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hypnoboy
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
An engineer came out, and said my line looked "beautiful" with the results. stated my cab showed 40 meg yet his jdsu showed 32, told me there was NO WAY i would get 38 as i did before and it is not possible and REFUSED to do a line reset which was what his job ticket was. The previous engineers witnessed the speedtests and confirmed the line can and WILL handle 38 meg and it has done consistently for at least 2 weeks since i had work done. Yet this engineer in his infinite wisdom said there was no point doing a line reset as his JDSU shows what can be achieved and it wont go any higher.
Needless to say I am not happy and having an engineer refuse to do what was asked of him is beyond ridiculous and now I have to WAIT yet again to speak to luke maybe tomorrow to go back to HLE AGAIN for them to say no no it cannot be done remotely and would you like me to send ANOTHER engineer while will be the 19th visit. The engineer confirmed that no one needs to come out to do a line reset and can be done remotely, so can someone PLEASE for the love of god get onto HLE, kick them in the rear end and just reset my bloody line to 40 so I can monitor it and take it from there.
This should not be too hard to do as I have had it done before and took a couple of hours.
Any and all help appreciated as O.R are now imho beyond a bloody joke.
Craig
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry about that, I've given Luke a heads up for you - he'll make sure it's sorted.
hypnoboy
Grafter

I hope so Matt, as basically being told i am lying by an engineer is the worst customer service, especially as it has been proven by previous engineers of the speed I was getting.
I now have to wait around AGAIN to get this sorted. Ignoring a job is not what anyone is supposed to do, and just replacing a modem because the DSL light was off when he arrived is not on. It was off by the way because he just buggered around at the cab and caused my net to vanish until he turned up, where I was on a conference call at home and thereby losing me the rest of the work I had to do.
Not happy is an understatement and I would appreciate a call from Luke or anyone else who can and WILL get this sorted remotely and fix this issue asap as well as putting in a complaint for ignoring jobs based on speculation and not factual testing by resetting the line.
Craig
hypnoboy
Grafter

can you also make sure my profile from your end is at 40 as it is supposed to be and is not capped.
Thanks
Craig
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The profile is supposed to match what's set on BTs side, in order that our traffic management works correctly - if it's not, you'll find that streaming is disrupted by other services if there's more than one person using the connection or you're downloading at the same time.
As such it's correctly set at 33800 to match the BT profile of 33924, so I'd strongly recommend leaving it as is for the reasons mentioned above.
hypnoboy
Grafter

Nw I am getting conflicting stories,
Your tech centre said my profile was set to 40 yesterday my speed has consistently been at 38. ( what I have been receiving ) week in and week out when no errors were on the line. Also the engineers who ran the test previously ALL connected at 38 which is what I had received and this speed drop happened because of a power outage hence OR themselves wanting a line reset so the line could be monitored.
I take your advisement in hand however I shall still be speaking to Luke today due to how I was treated by the engineer yesterday and to complain that the job had not been done and he refused to do as openreach had requested.
Thanks
Craig