cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile rates driving me mad!!!!!!!

CX
Grafter

Re: Profile rates driving me mad!!!!!!!

It would be nice to have it as an option, similar to the Pro add-on. Likewise give us the choice of line profiles, without going through the faults process. DLM is very unhelpful with some lines.
BTW inhost, I'm sorry for taking your thread completely off-topic.  Embarrassed
inhost
Grafter

No worries.
However, PN have now failed to migrate me on to a fixed rate line twice, I have updated the ticket (that mentions they will ensure this never happens again yet it did).
BT profile 1937
Sync 2199
PN Profile 1.7
In what universe is that a fixed rate line?
Its just getting annoying now, this is the third and last chance, I will give PN 24 hours to respond then the 5 days it takes to migrate me, if it fails again I am gone.
Its so frustrating.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi inhost,
I've placed an order today and called our suppliers help desk to confirm the order has been accepted. It's due to complete on the 3rd January (5 working days) with reference number 1-10P1UF2
Sorry for all the inconvenience you've had.
Jojo Smiley
inhost
Grafter

I just called and requested my MAC code for the following reasons:
1) The regrade was done however plusnet did not update the IP profile their side, lack of attention to detail.
2) Less than 12 hours after the regrade (was working ok) My line is now off and will not sync at all
3) After spending an age waiting for tech support to answer the phone I was asked to try a different router, filter, test socket, unplug telephone which I did, 5 hours later the fault is updated asking me to check my username and password and try a different router.......... apart from the fact that the different router etc had been tried what's the point, if the line is not syncing its not a password issue is it...... lack of training perhaps?
4) I am told my line will be down for at least 2 days and up to 3 while you investigate.... what?
5) Things just worked when I was on Orange and after switching to plusnet its been a frustrating mess...... the fact that Orange did a better job should be a point of grave concern.
6) The person that shall go nameless that asked me to check my username and password after 5 hours claimed my line was in sync.... it is not.
So now I have to wait the5 working days for my mac code.... what a con, and no doubt I will be billed for the service I am not even able to use.
Bad show plusnet!
davidbolton49

lol sure they will miss you.  Grin Grin
inhost
Grafter

the feeling is mutual, thank you for your entirely pointless post that contributed nothing.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

bye bye inhost! changing to other isp will be the same problem or even worse! You should give plusnet a month to sort it out! They cannot do a magic quick fix for you.
inhost
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne

Sorry for all the inconvenience you've had.
Jojo Smiley

Well all that effort was wasted someone has moved me back on to 21CN ADSL2+ it seems, I noticed the line has been much slower for some time now and took time tonight to investigate, much to my horror I found:
Modem Status Connected
DownStream Connection Speed 2144 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 640 kbps
VPI 0
VCI 38
As you know that should not be possible on a 20CN fixed rate line.
Explanation?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Does it matter when you are leaving anyway?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
inhost
Grafter

thanks for that fluff post ^^  Shocked
It matters as the FTTC has been delayed until end of Sep.
Also I was charged for the data overage in the end anyway, as soon as I dared ask for my mac code they piled the charges back on.
Those nice people at plusnet.
inhost
Grafter

And after the promise of getting it resolved within 72 hours (on 20th July) Nothing at all has been done.
Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi inhost,
Having checked the account it looks like an automated order was placed to move your line to 21CN on the 31st May this year, it completed on the 20th June. The notification on your account (service notice) can be viewed with ref. SN134162324
You may be aware that new orders for the 20CN network are scheduled to be stopped later this year, though hopefully some fixed rate connections across 21CN will be made available at some point.
inhost
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Please read Jojo's comments, I am supposed to be kept on 20CN for a reason, someone at plusnet has to be trying to wind me up on purpose.
I have now had 2 solid promises that someone will absolutely make sure that I am put back on 20CN and 2 apologies for moving me on to 21CN
Please actually look in to the history and please please please do it right this time.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You need to be aware that beyond not accepting 20CN orders, at some time BT are going to close down 20CN on exchanges with 21CN - your only choice will then be 21CN or LLU (or fibre if available by then).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Inhost,
I can see that this has been requested for you to be placed on 20CN, as my colleague mentioned when you called and as Matt did , you will be at some point upgraded to 21CN when 20CN is no longer available.
You are currently on 21CN on a ADSL1 connection.
Chris