cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile nudge (fibre)

WWWombat
Grafter

Profile nudge (fibre)

My line had DLM intervene for nearly two months, but it relented earlier in the month. Unfortunately, Plusnet's copy of my profile hasn't fixed itself, even after power-cycling the modem & router (or the router alone).
Can someone give the profile a nudge, please?
If you do, you can kill ticket 77717274, which has sat idle for a while now.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Profile nudge (fibre)

Hi there, just done that for you - hope it improves the connection Smiley
WWWombat
Grafter

Thanks Matt,
I know it won't make much difference to the speed of things I use daily, but there is a good reason for wanting it running in tip-top condition. I'm installing a new wireless N router (dual band), so I'm expecting to be doing a bit of speed test comparison.
Incidentally, the change just caused my router to reset, which took out my internet connection totally - but seemingly just lost DNS.
My (old) router was set with hardwired DNS servers, just your usual .9 and .10 servers (in that order), but I got no response.
I just re-set the router to use ISP-supplied values, and DNS now works. Interestingly, they're ordered .10 and .9
Did the .9 DNS server just fail?
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The .9 server isn't a single physical box, they are routed to whichever DNS server out of the cluster.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.