cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile not resetting after dropping connection

paulrwselby
Dabbler

Profile not resetting after dropping connection

Last weekend after several intentional disconnections of my router over 24 hours my profile dropped from its normal 7150k to 6000k. My router, a Dratek 2820Vn has now been connected at its usual 8128k for well over 90 hours with no disconnections that I can see at this end.
The current connection is 8128k with a noise margin that varies between 8 - 11db during a 24 hour period. These has been my usual stats over the last 18 months
I have run the BT speed tester each day and that shows my profile at 6000k,  I would have expected it to have increased after this time back to its normal 7150k.
I wonder if James or another of the PN team could check on this please and perhaps nudge BT if it is indeed a stuck profile.

Many thanks,
Paul
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Profile not resetting after dropping connection

Hi Paul,
Your line looks fine now.  It can take around 5 days for little IP Profile change to happen.
I'd give it the weekend and we can raise with BT if there's been no change.
paulrwselby
Dabbler

Many thanks James.....
I shall keep my eye on things....
Paul
martin2006
Grafter

paul, if you havent seen this already, this is the most important post on the forums, you can add to the well wishers if you havent already
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=80322.new;topicseen#new
paulrwselby
Dabbler

Thanks for the heads up on this post Martin,  I had not seen the "bad" news (for us) !
I have visited and left my respects  Smiley
Paul