cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile change

mnizi

Profile change

Hi,
I have been with plusnet for about 2 weeks now. My line speed was originally around 2.5Mbps which dropped to about 2Mbps and is now under 1Mbps and has been for the last week or so.
Can you check my profile and change it if possible please? I believe the profile may have changed due to me resetting the router a number of times.
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Profile change

Hi mnizi,
I'll have a look and see if anything can be done.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mnizi

Here are the stats my router is reporting if it helps.
Link Information
Uptime: 1 day, 3:12:27
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 14,161 / 2,660
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 1,144
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 39.26 / 468.72
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 16.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 35.5 / 60.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 12.0 / 11.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 48,174 / 100,556
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 35,498 / 197
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 35,207 / 34
I did a check on speedtester.bt.com and it is reporting my ip profile is 750Kbps. I was given an estimated line speed of 2.5 Mbps when I joined plusnet and as I said this was about the speed I was getting for the first 8-9 days then it dropped to around 1Mbps after I reset the router a couple of times.
My previous ISP was talktalk and I consistently had sync speeds greater than 2000Kbps and I think it was similar when I was on Orange broadband 2 years ago.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mnizi,
The BT profile was updated this morning once again to 750kb/s, which seems odd given that your connection has been stable since the 7th at the current sync speed you've posted above. If you're happy that the connection is stable I'd be happy to arrange an SNR reset to retrain your line if you like?
mnizi

Hi ,
Yes can you do that please.
My connection has been stable. The only times it has disconnected was when I tried connecting the router to the test socket etc to try and improve my speed and rule out any internal wiring issues.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi mnizi,
We're just about to start the SNR reset now for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mnizi

Hi,
My connection has recently become very unstable again. It drops out about once a day and very rarely syncs above 2000kbps. It was very stable a few months ago and was synched at well above 2500 kbps for at least a month but lately has become almost unuseable.
Is there anything you can do.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In case Digi Care don't immediately spot this Adam's reply #5 was 4½ months ago.
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There are quite a few line drops showing, are you in the master or test socket (where the line first comes into the premises)?

If you're in the master socket and have removed all extension leads and tried a new filter then I suggest following the steps here and raising it as a fault to us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mnizi

Yes its in the master socket, haven't tried a new filter but can do although don't think it will make a difference. I have tried the test socket also but still get connection drops.
I went through all this with my previous broadband supplier. Connection was ok then suddenly started dropping a lot. They couldnt find a fault in the line. It seems the same is happening again as connection was ok with plus net until recently and now it keeps dropping/syncing at low speeds again. I know my line is quite long but surely it should be better than this!
I will raise a fault as requested once I have tried a new filter for a few days. Unless you have any other suggestions?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI mnizi,
Definitely get a fault raised and get the ball rolling.
Jojo Smiley