cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Check

markcullern

Profile Check

Hi,
please can you check what speed my profile is on.  Currently connected at 16mb but believe profile is stuck at 4mb (had an issue with a adsl filter which had lowered sync speed temporarily).
With thanks
Mark
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Profile Check

Your Plusnet profile can be found by looking at the "Current line speed" here - https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Your BT profile can be found by running the following test - http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/
After the initial speed test, hit the "[Further Diagnostics]" button, enter your phone number, then "[Run Diagnostic Test]".
After a minute or two, it will display various results including "IP Profile for your line is..."
Wink
markcullern

Thanks, could you change my profile as the results are as follows (leaving fastpath enabled):
Plusnet:
Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
LITTLEHAMPTON
Estimated line speed:
12Mb (This may vary between 9Mb and 15.5Mb) - Checked on 2013-07-25 10:59:37
Current line speed:
4.4 Mb
BT:
Down 4.55
Up 1.06
Ping 33.63
Router Stats:
xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 15965 kbit/s, upstream: 1276 kbit/s; output Power Down: 19.3 dBm, Up: 12.6 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 23.5 dB, Up: 13.3 dB; snr Margin Down: 3.1 dB, Up: 10.7 dB)
Anonymous
Not applicable

But what does the BT profile say  ?
The BT details you listed above only show the initial test result, you need to follow the "[Further Diagnostics]" described in Reply #1
markcullern

Sorry im used to sky fibre so been a while.  The further diagnostics showed everything fine and dandy but still only the 4meg down.  Guess its the DLM I need to wait for.  Previously with BE and the sky fibre so first time with ADSL DLM, used to being able to play with line as much as I liked without it being so fussy.
Ill just wait and see what happens.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the BT profile remains stuck after a couple of days, then try a modem reboot during daylight hours.
If it is still stuck after that, then come back to this thread and ask the staff to perform a line reset.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like both our side and BTs are currently set to 14400, please let us know if that's not correct?