Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product set

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Product set

Are plusnet considering revising their product set again?
I'm on the old BBYW option 2 ( £14.99 pm for 15GB). I didnt move because 10GB isn't enough for my hungry family and the 60GB product costs me another £5pm. This month I exceeded the 15GB cap for the first time and I expect we will continue to be near the limit...
I really dont want to leave so will probably continue on to see how it goes paying an extra £1 a gig if we go over. The problem is that I find I spend my time constantly checking VMBU and nagging my kids; they  keep telling me that I need to go to bandwidth rehab.
16 REPLIES 16
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Product set

Not sure where  the £5 extra comes from
On a Market 1 exchange it is £17.99 per month - £3 extra
On a Market 2 or 3 exchange it is £11.49 per month - reduction
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

My mistake - I thought it was £20 per month
I'm in rural norfolk so Mkt 1
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

bandwidth rehab.
  Grin  Grin I like it. The traffic shaping is slightly different, but unless you use VPN, P2P & Usenet in the earlier part of the evening, Extra may be better for you. Do a comparison at http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp2.php.
The real question then is, would £3 more per month be worth the peace and quiet?  Undecided
Routefinder
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
On a Market 1 exchange it is £17.99 per month - £3 extra
On a Market 2 or 3 exchange it is £11.49 per month - reduction

Now this caught my eye???
If your exchange goes from Market 1 to Market 2 can you ask PlusNet to reduce the monthly costs???  For the record I am on an old product called Broadband Premier Option 1 and have been since 2005 ~ crumbs that is a long time  Shocked
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unfortunately only the current products have different prices on Market 1 and Market 2/3 exchanges so to benefit from a Market-based price you would have to upgrade to a current product.
David
Routefinder
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
........................... to benefit from a Market-based price you would have to upgrade to a current product.

Ah! the devil is in the details  Wink
I think I asked this a while back over at TBB forum but what is the logical alternate to Premier Option 1 in the current "products" range?  And if I were to switch are there any known pitfalls in such a switch to the new 'type' of account???
TIA  Smiley
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

When I switched from an old product to Value the only noticeable change was in my bank balance. I have since upgraded to Extra seamlessly.
I had to prompt PN to change my monthly DD when my exchange went to Market 2.
Dan
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think the logical alternative in the current product set would be Plusnet Extra.
The most significant change between Legacy Premier Option 1 and Plusnet Extra is probably that peak/charged hours are 8am to midnight on Extra instead of 4pm to midnight on Premier. That said the much increased allowance compensates and one is allowed to use all of it without restrictions.
Expected speeds on Extra for the P2P and binary Usenet protocols are 100kbps rather than 228kbps in the 6-10pm slot, but better outside those hours. Select the two products on the comparison tool at http://usergroup.plus.net/newprodcomp.php for a pictorial comparison.
If you are happy with the peak time change and can get Extra cheaper, I can't think of any reason for not changing. Smiley
David
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi
Many thanks to the link to the "comparator" ~ oddly it only mentions Martket 1 and Market 3!
PlusNet Extra Pro is also cheaper on the Market 3.....................so need to make the comparisons and the various packages and then ask CSC to sort the change out???
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The comparator avoids mentioning Market 2 because pricing in that market is somewhat complex and we don't want the tool to mislead. Plusnet will give the definitive price when a product is ordered.
The Pro option is no longer a stand-alone product so doesn't appear as an option to move to. It is now an add-on which can be selected at any time after moving and takes effect immediately (with a pro-rata charge for the rest of the billing month).
You can upgrade using the Product Change menu link in the Member Centre if you are happy for the change to take place at next billing date. If you want it done mid billing month you would need to contact the CSC.
David
Routefinder
Grafter

The good old devil in the details  Cheesy
Well I hope CSC can tell me the market 2 price and the addon for Pro before I make the change to avoid any confusion as the aim is to save money and IMO the costs saving should be stated before the selection/choice being made which I surmise is irreversible???
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The pro add-on for Value or Extra costs £5 per month. You can check the basic product price by starting off on the Product Upgrade journey, it is some way through that before you are asked to commit. The CSC should also provide that information.
Generally I think the Digital Care Team and probably the Customer Options Team would move you back to the old product if you request it within the first month. Best confirm that before changing though.
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am not sure where the complexity comes into it.
At present the prices for Market 2 are the same as Market 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Think everyone's explained pretty much everything, though I would like to confirm a couple of things -
The prices given by Jim in post #2 I think it is are correct, the pro add-on is indeed £5 a month and yes, if you're not happy following the move then let one of us DC team members know within the first month and we'll move you back Smiley