Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change journey

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Product change journey

I'm trying to help an existing customer to switch from BBYW 1 to the new Value product. I now understand that existing customers need only commit to 12 months rather than 18, but this is not made clear in the Terms and Conditions, which must be ticked to accept before confirming the change of product. When will more definitive information be made available?
Will there be an option for existing customers to select either 12 months, or 18 months including the free house move and router? If the latter is possible, will there be a delivery charge for the router?
I have tried to find out the above by going almost all the way through a change on my own account, and encountered a problem. Having selected the Value option, the next page gives me the option to change my phone product to either Anytime+ or Evening and Weekends, but no option to keep my existing Anytime package. Is this a bug, or does it meen that I can't change to the new Broadband product without also relinquishing my legacy Phone product?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
46 REPLIES 46
James
Grafter

Re: Product change journey

That sounds like a bug - I'll have a chat with Mand when she gets back to her desk and see what we can do.
Regarding the 18/12 month contract on upgrades, by default, this would be on an 18 month contract (which includes a free house move).  If you raise a ticket requesting a 12 month contract, then we can do this, however, you wouldn't receive a free house move if you elected to move house within those 12 months.
James
Grafter

@ maranello
Just checked with Mand, and that's already a known problem that's being worked on.
Mand
Grafter

To follow on what James has said, if you are an Anytime customer (the legacy product) you'll need to contact the CSC for the time being to change product.
maranello
Pro

Thanks James and Mand for confirming that I wasn't just doing something stupid (at least not on this occasion)!
I'm only 4 days into my billing period, so I can afford to wait and see what happens with the problem fix for now.
I would still appreciate a bit of clarification on the router issue. My mother-in-law uses her connection rarely, once a week on average, and usually only powers up the router for the period she is using it. So its hardly used and will probably last quite a while, but if she signs up to an 18 month contract will she be able to request a new router at any time if her existing router (a Voyager 210 supplied by Plusnet) fails whilst still under contract, and will there be a delivery charge? Also, will the Voyager allow her to switch to ADSL2 if it becomes available?
James
Grafter

Hi Maranello,
If signing up to an 18 month contract, she would be entitled to hardware.  The delivery charge still applies, just like it was under BBYW.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: maranello

up to an 18 month contract will she be able to request a new router at any time if her existing router (a Voyager 210 supplied by Plusnet) fails whilst still under contract, and will there be a delivery charge? Also, will the Voyager allow her to switch to ADSL2 if it becomes available?

I wouldn’t worry about a free router you can get a speedtouch 716wl router which is adsl2+ (24mg) wireless 4 lan ports and 2 voip ports. all from 99p 3 month warranty £15 12 months warranty
voip may be useful if you both join then you could talk to each other free
puddy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its a lot cheaper to pay just £6.99 and not have to worry about warrenty Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
dannykos
Grafter

I got my product change notification email this morning stating an 18 month contract - and when I phoned up, the guy said that it would indeed be 12 months... hmmm... I asked him to email me confirming that - but I'm not holding my breath!!
Any CSC's reading this, please if you get a sec check my account to make sure it's only 12 months.
ta.  Smiley
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
its a lot cheaper to pay just £6.99 and not have to worry about warrenty Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You could buy 7 routers for £6.99 with 3 months warrany each (99p each)
No tie in contracts 4 ports wireless adsl 2+ and 2 voip ports how many voip ports do you get on a £6.99 router?
Puddy
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Plus the shipping... which is about 6 quid from the ones I've seen..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

@ Dannykos
Just spotted your post in here, so I've changed you onto a 12 month contract, which will end on 25/02/2010.
maranello
Pro

Some feedback on the Product change process.
Yesterday I helped a referree through a switch from BBYW1 to Value. All was reasonably straightforward, although after the confirmation stage there was a page which stated that the monthly subscription would change to £11.99 after 3 months, even though we checked that the exchange is designated Market 3. It took a supplementary question on the ticket to get confirmation that the exchange was Market 3 and that the subscription would continue at £5.99 beyond the 3 months initial period.
James
Grafter

I suspect that's partly related to a recent batch of Market 3 exchanges that we added.
Glad it's all sorted out for you now.
jazz
Grafter

I have had a number of problems with my change BBYW1 to Value:-
1) New product shown as £11.99 a month on account details even though I'm in Market 3 (CSC say that's because it is the proper product price.  I will only be charged £5.99 but account details always have to show £11.99 - strange system??  Is this the price that will automatically apply to all Value coustomers when the initial contract period is over???
2) Accounts department notified me twice in 24 hours that £5.99 was to be taken by direct debit this week (one on Tues and one on Wed) - CSC has picked up ticket on this but I'm still waiting to see if I will be double charged
3) Referral credits frozen and stopped as soon as I switched packages.  CSC say this was error and should be resolved.
40 No response yet received to my request for 18 month contract to be changed to 12 months.  On the other hand if the price is to go up automatically to £11.99 after the initial contract expires should I be asking for 12 month contract or sticking with 18 months?Huh
My general advice would be to stay as you are - the system has great trouble coping if you try change - though if I can't get things resolved soon I will be taking Plusnet up on the offer to change back to the Legacy product within first month if not happy! Angry