cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change and static IP address

Gabe
Grafter

Product change and static IP address

Is there really no way to change product without losing my current static IP address?
Given the number of places I have this registered for secure login, and so on, it would be a right rigmarole to change, and I would be locked out of some places for up to a week.
Surely it isn't beyond the wit of Plusnet?  Cry
Gabe
8 REPLIES 8
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Product change and static IP address

What product do you want to change to? I kept my static IP when I changed to BB Extra.
That's RPM to you!!
Gabe
Grafter

Would like to get from PAYG to Value+Pro.
Gabe
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The Value product doesn't have a static IP, however we've said a few times that if you currently have a service we'll allow you to keep it on account change.
Leave it with me Gabe.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I've replied to your ticket, let me know if you want me to go ahead.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gabe
Grafter

Wow! That was impressive. I think Chris just went into superhero mode.  Cool Apparently glitchless. Thanks Chris!
Gabe  Smiley
(For anyone else coming across this thread, Value doesn't, but the Pro addon does.)
Chris
Legend

(For anyone else coming across this thread, Value doesn't, but the Pro addon does.)

The pro add-on doesn't either!  The CSC were following the documented process they have, which is to advise the customer they will get a dynamic IP upon account change to Value. Fortunately for Gabe I was able to bypass this process and sort it out.
Gabe
Grafter

Sorry Chris, just going by what you'd just told me:
Pro does, but your account change was scheduled to Value? I'm assuming you were going to add the Pro add-on afterwards?

And, as the automated process didn't seem to allow it, I was asking them to do both at the same time by ticket.
Possibly CSC need another document re:
Quote from: Chris
we've said a few times that if you currently have a service we'll allow you to keep it on account change.

Any way, many thanks for sorting this out.
Gabe
Chris
Legend

I've already been chatting to the people needed to update this process and see if we can get it sorted.
Glad it worked for you Gabe.