Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Product Refresh

If we have to migrate to a new product (esp with an 18 month tie-in) to migrate to ADSL2+ I'll be looking very hard at other ISPs offerings.

Now that I don't actually know the answer to, I'll find out and get back to you about the existing products on ADSL2+, we don't have plans to remove the ability for existing customers to opt-in to the trial.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Spider
Grafter

[quote=http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/unlimited/unlimited_faq.shtml]3. How fast is it?
You'll receive the fastest speed your line will support, currently up to 8Mb. Faster ADSL2+ speeds will be available on our broadband products in the future.
Interestingly their is no mention of the limits applied to certain protocols at different times of day until you reach question 15. Now the answer to 15 contradicts the answer to question 3. Well it would do if the links did not just redirect you to the home page.
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
... we don't have plans to remove the ability for existing customers to opt-in to the trial.

Maybe, but I do not have the ability to join the trial till 2010 when my exchange is enabled! I think the trial will be finished by then.
SW
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You're lucky - at least you have a date for your exchange!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Spider
Grafter

Just another thought on the Product refresh. What is happening regarding the business products?
*Ducks out of the room very quickly*
*Pops back in to add*
So now that the price of Pro as gone up, how does this effect current Pro customers? Also this price increase is at the loss of additional services too such as web hosting.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Crikey Cheesy I think I'll sit tight until all this settles down if that's ok with you PN Lips_are_sealed
Still it's certainly diverted attention away from the Mod election process for now Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This has really got to be a first
Screen resolution 1680 x 1050
Firefox - popup right in the middle
IE7 - part off the bottom of the page
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I think Business users are more likely to expect hosting included. It appears that Plusnet are moving away from including hosting so I don't expect any news on this soon and when the Business Product refresh (which is now over a year overdue) does emerge I'd be very surprised if people were not disappointed with the new offerings.
I think you can pretty safely say that Plusnet are not that interested in business users - I'd guess their owners would rather they were fleeced paid for BT's own business products.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If an existing user moves to the new products do they lose their webspace etc..
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The FAQ says no, you keep it.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

but only on unlimited not on ValueFound the other FAQ
also found that extra usage is at £2 per GB
mal0z
Grafter

Sorry if this has already mentioned - but this is a huge thread now.

On the FAQ  it says that after 18 months it reverts to a monthly contract - is that right ?
If so - and if there have been no deferred costs like new routers, or 3 month reduced costs etc - when you change to these new products - why the 18 month contract in the first place ??
at http://www.plus.net/residential/faqs.shtml#faq1
"8. How long is a contract?
Your contract will either be 12 or 18 months to start off with depending on which product you signup to. After you've been with us for 18 months this will then turn into a monthly contract."
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Spider
Just another thought on the Product refresh. What is happening regarding the business products?

The Business products will be refreshed separately, they remain unchanged as far as this project is concerned.
Quote from: Spider
So now that the price of Pro as gone up, how does this effect current Pro customers? Also this price increase is at the loss of additional services too such as web hosting.

Current Pro customers stay on the legacy Pro product, with the same pricing, contract and services as before.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
If an existing user moves to the new products do they lose their webspace etc..

No. Your hosting and such will remain as is.
avatastic
Grafter

I posted this in the original post comments but I'll reiterate here for completeness:
1) Will I still be able to use Max Pro?
I gather this has been answered as Yes
2) Will it still be worth having Max Pro?
From the table posted on the first pages there is currently no speed capping (but still proritising) on upstream bandwidth.
The fact there is a table for this scares me slightly, as it suggets that speed caps may later be introduced for upstreaming Sad
3) Will I be able to keep my netblock as is, and am I ever liable to lose it?
4) I moved house in August 08 and I believe that my contract was reset to 18 months anew, would I be liable for the remaining 10 months upfront?
(If the answer to this is yes, I'll be very disappointed as I've been a loyal and active broadband customer since 2004 or there abouts)
More to follow as I keep mulling...
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)