Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh

zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Product Refresh

@Bascule:
My understanding is that there would be no penalty payments due, you merely start a new 18 month contract on your new product.
B.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: professional
There is no reason on earth why existing BBYW customers should not be able to transfer to one of the new products without being under the cosh of an extended contract.
As long as we have been with Plusnet for more than 12 months, what`s the problem?
For God`s sake Plusnet, get a grip - this latest move is pathetic. I sincerely hope that you haven`t paid a "suit" to comit commercial suicide on your behalf. Angry

Well said! It's highly unlikely that I would wish to move from BBYW2  - but it's still damned annoying that the opportunity to do so without penalty has been taken away.  Sad Angry Huh
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: cjags
Quote from: Mand
... On Unlimited it carries a rate limit at all times. ...

So it's not unlimited is it?

It's a question of semantics cjags http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74056.msg588645.html#msg588645
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
lingbob
Grafter

I'm not going to plough through 35 pages of posts so I apologise in advance if this has already been covered:
A couple of days ago I was contemplating down-grading to the "Essential" package which was on a one month contract. I've just had a look now and I see that the cheapest package is now on an 18 month contract. No way PlusNet! Who's bright idea was that? Total disaster in my opinion!  Angry
Methinks I'll have to change my SIG  Cry
Regards .....
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

My BBYW account is effectively unlimited in the middle of the night..
No accounts are unlimited in the daytime.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: cjags
Quote from: Mand
... On Unlimited it carries a rate limit at all times. ...

So it's not unlimited is it?

No it isn't unlimited. For downloading files a simple formula applies: hours x rate limit for the protocol = the maximum amount you can download.
To me there is a very simple test: Is the amount that can be downloaded on the account less than that which could be downloaded if there were not any restrictions on protocols? Plusnet "Unlimited" fails this test.
Now id they had called it Plusnet Unmetered - i.e. we don't care how much you download and there is no FUP (visible or hidden) - it would be a totally accurate description of the product.
Plusnet bragged about leading the field on traffic management - it could have been a leader in this case, but instead of leading again it goes back on everything it has said over the years and copies the totally misleading naming of the all the other ISPs.
Plusnet, do you not realise that you have missed a golden opportunity. People who don't know Plusnet may know that Unlimited means far from that with other ISPs, they'll see Plusnet Unlimited and won't look at the details. However if they saw Plusnet Unmetered it would be different, they'd stop and look to see what it was about, why it was different to that offered by other ISPs. You could make it crystal clear that Unmetered meant NO FUP. You could complain to the ASA if other ISP's tried to copy you (as they would) with products called Unmetered but with a FUP. You could have been the leader by being what you used to be - honest.
Is there nobody in your Marketing/Products departments with any imagination? Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Product and available Webspace
Broadband Your Way Option 1  250MB
Broadband Your Way Option 2 250MB
Broadband Your Way Option 3 250MB
Broadband Your Way Option 4 250MB
Broadband Your Way Pro 250MB
Plusnet Value                 N/A*
Plusnet Pro                    N/A*
Plusnet Unlimited        N/A*

So presumably the webspace will be available from..........PAYH it would appear and for free Smiley Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: jmdlp
existing users do not get a free router anyway!  I have checked!

I've re-educated the relevant people about this, you can have a router when you move to the new products.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jim:post A number of posts have been moved to http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74075.0.html so that the discussion on the BBYW products is in one place mod:end
techguy
Grafter

Note to the people pleading for PN to change their minds:
If a 30+ page thread makes no difference then don't hold your breath for changes anytime soon, ring up and ask for your MAC and look around for another ISP with a one month contract, when the subs decrease and referrals stop they will notice or maybe they won't but rhen again, it's only an Internet connection, it's not like your health depends on it and the only real difference was that PN staff were nicer to deal with than your average ISP staffer but hey never mind.
Indeed some ISPs even give you a free month for each customer you refer.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The rate of responses from Plusnet reps has declined somewhat today - I'm hoping that is a good sign and that they are all in urgent meetings to discuss how they sort out this mess.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Hobo
During the spam debacle many people took up the offer of a free Domain, if you change package does this transfer or would you have to start paying for this.

If you move to the new product you'll keep your free domain. Exactly as it is now.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: jelv
The rate of responses from Plusnet reps has declined somewhat today - I'm hoping that is a good sign and that they are all in urgent meetings to discuss how they sort out this mess.

It's a bad sign.
They've been told to ignore us.
Concentrate on signing up a load of suckers who will bring in a guaranteed long term income.
I wonder what they are going to replace the "award winning ISP" banner with?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Bascule
OK. So. My "discount" was "first 3 months for £5.50", a discount of £12.75 over the three months. If I transfer to the new Value product there will be a one-off charge of £12.75 to cancel out the discount and a monthly charge of £5.99. Is that correct?

You wouldn't have to pay anythin to transfer.
As a general rule anyone who still has existing discounts (as in they've not been applied) would have these removed when moving to the new products.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Axis
It's a bad sign.
They've been told to ignore us.
Concentrate on signing up a load of suckers who will bring in a guaranteed long term income.
I wonder what they are going to replace the "award winning ISP" banner with?

No-one's been told to ignore anyone. I can assure you of that. We're here to answer your questions as we have been all week.