cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh - Next Phase - What and When?

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Product Refresh - Next Phase - What and When?

Some time has gone by since the BBYW products were withdrawn, leaving us with two heavily shaped products, a cut down Pro product and a statement  that that was just the first Phase of the Product refresh.
We have had lengthy discussions about what PlusNet is NOT planning.
Please can we have an outline of the plan for the next Phase(s) of the Product refresh.
In particular, are there any plans for:
a) A Product set with 30 day contract and NO freebies or front end discounting?
b) The Pro-Lite product with Pro profiling but low included usage and additional usage offered at per GB rates?
c) The Bolt-on speed boost option discussed in some detail on this forum?
Having experimented with product offerings to capture the mass market, is PlusNet still interested in the more discerning end of this market?

15 REPLIES 15
scootie
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh - Next Phase - What and When?

is phase 2 to be tied in with the 21cn products and thats why we have not hearding anything of phase 2 yet.
zubel
Community Veteran

AIUI, Plusnet are currently beavering away on a few things, but no doubt we'll all be notified in the fullness of time. Smiley
B.
LiamM
Grafter

Hopefully we'll see something soon 🙂
Going on previous track records for promised "Phase 2's" with product launches (remember the ever-expanding BBYW product set with further phases to come?) I'm not sure whether to be optimistic or not!
godsell4
Rising Star

The ADSL2+ trial is expected to end in June, so guess we will hear something in June.
PN will want to be moving over to IPStreamConnect in the near future away from IPStreamMax. So lets see how well that goes now that EntaNet have been through it before PN.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Would it be too much to ask for a response from PlusNet?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: godsell4
PN will want to be moving over to IPStreamConnect in the near future away from IPStreamMax. So lets see how well that goes now that EntaNet have been through it before PN.

I nope NOT, not if they make the same  <Crazy> up that enta did.
There is only ONE node for the WHOLE of Scotland AND North England down as far as Manchester, this means that it is HEAVILY overused at night and lightly used during the day (less business customers).
That was one of the reasons I moved to Plusnet from Enta 3 months ago, they wouldn't increase bandwidth on the "Northern" node, so that all the people on it were getting very POOR speeds during off peak times, all w/e was/is off peak and I was luckly to see 2Mb downloads on a line that  supports 6Mb, most of the time it was sub 1Mb speeds.
I have now signed up for another 10 Months so I hope I haven't burned my bridges if they do switch over, or perhaps we could have a/several central(s) for the North, and the rest of you on IPSMax  Wink
dusty_bin
Grafter

... and I really really hope they don't forget to include a static IP option for the low usage product.
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: biker955
That was one of the reasons I moved to Plusnet from Enta 3 months ago, they wouldn't increase bandwidth on the "Northern" node ...

Right so that was an EntaNet problem not having bought enough capacity at each of the nodes, this is kind of a new problem for ISP's having to have an idea of which customers are connected to which node and buy the right amount of bandwidth at each node. Sounds quite easy to get wrong.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
caliph

Perhaps the next phase of the product refresh should include something positive for customers who have been here a long time. I am now in my 8th continuous year with PlusNet and on a BBYW product. I would like to change to something like PlusNet Value now that I'm on my pension but after all this time they would still want me to commit to a 12 month contract even though I don't require a modem/router from them.
Barry
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well, I think we can take the lack of a official response as meaning "Phase 2, what phase 2?".
I was hoping they might have seen sense over the whopping 1.5 year contracts.
Won't be holding my breath then Roll_eyes
johpal
Grafter

If anybody at PN is watching, this customer, whilst satisfied over the last 12 months, is casting glances elsewhere and will not entertain an 18 month contract.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

An existing customer would only be tied to a 12 month contract on changing to one of the new products (unless you wanted a free router or free house move - then it would be 18 months)
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Let me vent my spleen! I don't care whether it is 12 months or 18 months. It is nothing less than a slap in the face to an existing customer to impose an extended contract simply for switching product without taking any sweeteners or freebees in the transition.
I have asked Mr Vollmer WHY he needs to impose this ridiculous condition ..... not once or twice but three times, explicitly. He and PlusNet choose to ignore the question and that, I take as a further insult.
Perhaps I take sleight too easily but WHY CAN'T WE GET AN ANSWER? WHY NOT?
PlusNet are now behaving like BT. This is not the company I chose to place my business with.
With apologies to James and the Customer Facing team who do such a splendid job for us.
R
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Anotherone
An existing customer would only be tied to a 12 month contract on changing to one of the new products (unless you wanted a free router or free house move - then it would be 18 months)

Trouble is, that's still 11 months too long Angry